From: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io> on behalf of Don Wolfe via groups.io <w4gcw@...>
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2021 4:06:45 PM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io>
Subject: [APRSISCE] Reset APRS

Today I was moving things around on my dest when I picked up the keyboard that's connected to my APRSIS32 computer.
When I looked at the APRS screen, the map was white, no streets were visiable, only icons displaying call signs were
displayed. My question is, how do I return the map to the previous setting? I really don't want to have to download the
entire program again but there must be a way to 'reset' to my original settings. Any help would be much appreciated.

Lession learned, keep the keyboard well out of the way.

73, Don
W4GCW

James Ewen

Up and down arrows will make your map fade in/out. (Opacity)

Push on your up arrow 23 times, or hold it like you did with the down arrow when moving the keyboard.

--
James
VE6SRV

patrick lambert

Exactly the arrow up. That's it.

Pat 🎿☃️

[...]

Rob Giuliano

All responses had good ideas, but you really need to know which setting(s) you messed up:
The 2 most common have to do with the map:

a) If the zoom level (on the left) is RED and all the way to the top, you are zoomed in further than maps can.
    Typically, only your own icon is visible if this was done with your station centered.
    FIX:  double click on the zoom bar near the middle
             Up and Down arrows also change zoom, but when "way off" double-click works best.

b) If the map "Opacity" is way off, you should still see the icons
    Others covered this, <right arrow> increased the Opacity.  Keep hitting it or hold it until visible.

I've had both happen at the same time, so I felt I should mention the additional possibility.

On Monday, October 18, 2021, 04:06:48 PM EDT, Don Wolfe via groups.io <w4gcw@...> wrote:

Today I was moving things around on my dest when I picked up the keyboard that's connected to my APRSIS32 computer.
When I looked at the APRS screen, the map was white, no streets were visiable, only icons displaying call signs were
displayed. My question is, how do I return the map to the previous setting? I really don't want to have to download the
entire program again but there must be a way to 'reset' to my original settings. Any help would be much appreciated.

Lession learned, keep the keyboard well out of the way.

73, Don
W4GCW

Don Wolfe

To all who replied, the up and down arrows was the trick. Thank you guys.

From now on I'll keep my fingers off the keyboard when I'm moving it.
Thanks again.

73, Don
W4GCW

Jon Adams

b) If the map "Opacity" is way off, you should still see the icons
    Others covered this, <right arrow> increased the Opacity.  Keep hitting it or hold it until visible.

I've had both happen at the same time, so I felt I should mention the additional possibility.

OMG. Thanks so much, Robert. This was exactly what had happened to me, and it must have been a month ago when it first occurred in the truck. I'd been meaning to get around to investigating it and possibly reinstalling APRSIS32, but thought "hey, there must be some others who've had this issue" and stumbled onto this forum. My mobile has a little BT keyboard and it must have been left in a position that pushed the left arrow...

73 - Jon N7UV

ivan pico revilla

Tnx 4 info 73s

Enviado desde mi iPhone