Port Error

Michael McKenzie

I can no get GPS data on the bottom of the display. The NMEA Log shows that APRS32 tried to open COM6 (only one available in a Win 10 Tablet) Opening with 4 Args, Got 1 Error 5, then repeats endlessly.
What is Error 5?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Error 5 typically means that the specified COM port is already open in another program.  Are you sure COM6 is actually your GPS?  Have you tried opening it from a terminal emulator to see if it gives you NMEA sentences?

On 11/9/2021 9:23 AM, Michael McKenzie wrote:
I can no get GPS data on the bottom of the display. The NMEA Log shows that APRS32 tried to open COM6 (only one available in a Win 10 Tablet) Opening with 4 Args, Got 1 Error 5, then repeats endlessly.
What is Error 5?

Michael McKenzie

Yes, I used Putty for that and Putty shows a constant stream of data coming in. Device Manager shows only COM6 available.

Min

Personally I find that Windows screws with drivers to ports every time there is an update and have do a search to correct the issue it has caused.

I’ve seen ports work of but then not in Windows traced down to driver issues.

Min G0JMS