Passcode request (posted to main group)

Rob Giuliano

I am not sure what you are referring to with"Filled the required fields on start up.  Aprsis32 no responding message?"
What are you expecting?

Are you getting stations in the scroll bar (left side) that are coming in from APRS-IS?

You can check your status by enabling logging
  >Menu >Enables >logging >Port(APRSIS)
This will allow you to see the interaction with the APRS-IS server.

If you disable APRS-IS and re-enable the port with logging, you can see if there are any errors

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 6:35:27 PM EDT, David George <va3dpg@...> wrote:

Thanks for the code. Filled the required fields on start up. Aprsis32 no responding message?

On Jul 2, 2020, at 5:40 PM, Rob Giuliano <kb8rco@...> wrote:

<passcode info removed>

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 5:14:43 PM EDT, David George <va3dpg@...> wrote:

Please provide a passcode for David George call sign VA3DPG.

Thank you.

Rob Giuliano

I don't remember seeing another post, or I deleted the update and not the original.
Did you ever get this working?

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 9:14:12 PM EDT, David George <va3dpg@...> wrote:

When starting the exe file you are required to enter call sign and ssid, and enter. That’s is as far as I can get

On Jul 2, 2020, at 9:09 PM, Rob Giuliano <kb8rco@...> wrote:

I am not sure what you are referring to with"Filled the required fields on start up.  Aprsis32 no responding message?"
What are you expecting?

Are you getting stations in the scroll bar (left side) that are coming in from APRS-IS?

You can check your status by enabling logging
  >Menu >Enables >logging >Port(APRSIS)
This will allow you to see the interaction with the APRS-IS server.

If you disable APRS-IS and re-enable the port with logging, you can see if there are any errors

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 6:35:27 PM EDT, David George <va3dpg@...> wrote:

Thanks for the code. Filled the required fields on start up. Aprsis32 no responding message?

On Jul 2, 2020, at 5:40 PM, Rob Giuliano <kb8rco@...> wrote:

<passcode info removed>

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 5:14:43 PM EDT, David George <va3dpg@...> wrote:

Please provide a passcode for David George call sign VA3DPG.

Thank you.

Rob Giuliano

Cross posting to the APRSIS32 group.

That sounds like 2 possibilities:
1. having an issue connectin to the internet (port blockled) and you can't download maps
    I know I can't download maps when I am at work - it is blocked.
2. the folder access for either the APRSIS32.xml or maps

Is there an APRSIS32.XML file in the folder you tried installing it into?
You can attach that and maybe there will be a clue.

PS: Please reply to all to post to the APRSIS32 groips.io board.

On Sunday, July 5, 2020, 5:28:45 PM EDT, David George <va3dpg@...> wrote:

Robert, thank you for emailing me back.

After downloading the zip file to the C drive into its own folder,(not under programs) I unzipped the file. It required me to insert my call sign and the pass code you gave me.

After entering this I was expecting the map to show up for me to enter my location, as shown by the video? All that would show up was a white box across my screen a half inch wide 6 inchess long with a small blue square flashing on and off.

I tried many times and gave up.

David va3dpg

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 4:44 PM Rob Giuliano <kb8rco@...> wrote:
I don't remember seeing another post, or I deleted the update and not the original.
Did you ever get this working?

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 9:14:12 PM EDT, David George <va3dpg@...> wrote:

When starting the exe file you are required to enter call sign and ssid, and enter. That’s is as far as I can get

On Jul 2, 2020, at 9:09 PM, Rob Giuliano <kb8rco@...> wrote:

I am not sure what you are referring to with"Filled the required fields on start up.  Aprsis32 no responding message?"
What are you expecting?

Are you getting stations in the scroll bar (left side) that are coming in from APRS-IS?

You can check your status by enabling logging
  >Menu >Enables >logging >Port(APRSIS)
This will allow you to see the interaction with the APRS-IS server.

If you disable APRS-IS and re-enable the port with logging, you can see if there are any errors

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 6:35:27 PM EDT, David George <va3dpg@...> wrote:

Thanks for the code. Filled the required fields on start up. Aprsis32 no responding message?

On Jul 2, 2020, at 5:40 PM, Rob Giuliano <kb8rco@...> wrote:

<passcode info removed>

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 5:14:43 PM EDT, David George <va3dpg@...> wrote:

Please provide a passcode for David George call sign VA3DPG.

Thank you.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

You can download the .ZIP file to anywhere.  It is critically important, however, that you UNZIP the contents into a newly-created, empty, and not protected (like not under Program Files) directory.  Then make sure you execute APRSIS32.EXE from within that newly created directory.

By placing the .ZIP into the directory where you unzipped it, it is still possible that you double-clicked a folder view of the .ZIP and not the unzipped .EXE file.

The behavior you are describing may be Rob's first issue, but it certainly describes what you see when you double-click a .ZIP view.

Try going to the following URL and see if you get a map tile.

On 7/5/2020 6:43 PM, Rob Giuliano via groups.io wrote:
Cross posting to the APRSIS32 group.

That sounds like 2 possibilities:
1. having an issue connectin to the internet (port blockled) and you can't download maps
    I know I can't download maps when I am at work - it is blocked.
2. the folder access for either the APRSIS32.xml or maps

Is there an APRSIS32.XML file in the folder you tried installing it into?
You can attach that and maybe there will be a clue.

PS: Please reply to all to post to the APRSIS32 groips.io board.

On Sunday, July 5, 2020, 5:28:45 PM EDT, David George <va3dpg@...> wrote:

Robert, thank you for emailing me back.

After downloading the zip file to the C drive into its own folder,(not under programs) I unzipped the file. It required me to insert my call sign and the pass code you gave me.

After entering this I was expecting the map to show up for me to enter my location, as shown by the video? All that would show up was a white box across my screen a half inch wide 6 inchess long with a small blue square flashing on and off.

I tried many times and gave up.

David va3dpg

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 4:44 PM Rob Giuliano <kb8rco@...> wrote:
I don't remember seeing another post, or I deleted the update and not the original.
Did you ever get this working?

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 9:14:12 PM EDT, David George <va3dpg@...> wrote:

When starting the exe file you are required to enter call sign and ssid, and enter. That’s is as far as I can get

On Jul 2, 2020, at 9:09 PM, Rob Giuliano <kb8rco@...> wrote:

I am not sure what you are referring to with"Filled the required fields on start up.  Aprsis32 no responding message?"
What are you expecting?

Are you getting stations in the scroll bar (left side) that are coming in from APRS-IS?

You can check your status by enabling logging
  >Menu >Enables >logging >Port(APRSIS)
This will allow you to see the interaction with the APRS-IS server.

If you disable APRS-IS and re-enable the port with logging, you can see if there are any errors

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 6:35:27 PM EDT, David George <va3dpg@...> wrote:

Thanks for the code. Filled the required fields on start up. Aprsis32 no responding message?

On Jul 2, 2020, at 5:40 PM, Rob Giuliano <kb8rco@...> wrote:

<passcode info removed>

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 5:14:43 PM EDT, David George <va3dpg@...> wrote:

Please provide a passcode for David George call sign VA3DPG.

Thank you.

Rob Giuliano

He has been sending emails direct to me and I have tried to cross post, but his replies always come back to me alone.
It appears he has moved on to a different client.  He didn't say which.

I did ask him to check the folder that he ran APRSIS32.exe from, to see if there is an APRSIS32.xml file in it.
I am pretty sure I tried this from work (with restricted internet access allowing no maps), it created the xml, but left the screen blank (no map).

If there was na XML but no OSMTiles folder, I would guess #1.
No XML, and it was definitely run from within the zip.

I just don't know if he will take the time to look.