OK I think I have everything running, now I'd like to find out who can hear me on 10.147.3

macclad44@...

As far as I know I have no way to know who is using APRS on 10.147.3 USB in the US (tho it's the allocated frequency).
I'm definitely transmitting and when it hears some other signal it's definitely responding.
Is there a way to real time monitor decoded signals to see what I'm hearing?
I'm beaconing as N7TTQ-9 in Portland OR.
OK thanks.
Jeff N7TTQ

Lynn Deffenbaugh

View / RF / All will show only those stations that you've heard on an RF port.

Configure / Scroller / RF Only will cause the packet scroller to only show those packets received on RF.  Although with the default settings, you should see an * on RF-received packets.

On 1/10/2021 5:08 PM, macclad44@... wrote:
As far as I know I have no way to know who is using APRS on 10.147.3 USB in the US (tho it's the allocated frequency).
I'm definitely transmitting and when it hears some other signal it's definitely responding.
Is there a way to real time monitor decoded signals to see what I'm hearing?
I'm beaconing as N7TTQ-9 in Portland OR.
OK thanks.
Jeff N7TTQ

macclad44@...

Thanks. I have them set.  Hmmm.. I see the decode button on when I hear an obvious RP transmission but nothing show up on the logging. Hmmmm...

macclad44@...

Also , should the CON light be on all the time? I've seen some on youtube where it is. I seem to be transmitting, but I can't "transmit" when I click "transmit" in the software.  I'm not sure why.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

See http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:transmitting

But it almost sounds like you don't actually have your TNC interface working.  Bring up Enables / View Logs / Port(<YourPortName>) and enable it and watch it a while.  And try disabling the port itself and re-enabling it and see what shows up in the trace log.

On 1/10/2021 10:16 PM, macclad44@... wrote:
Also , should the CON light be on all the time? I've seen some on youtube where it is. I seem to be transmitting, but I can't "transmit" when I click "transmit" in the software.  I'm not sure why.

macclad44@...

I did watch the 10.1473 port (as was suggested to name it) and I can see that when I transmit it is sending the data out the SCS tracker and in fact radio (I can hear the radio transmit with another receiver). I DO see the location packet as being sent as a beacon so I think I'm good here.   What I think I need to test is received packets.  I have several SCS trackers and I will set up my mobile setup to broadcast a mobile beacon (which I've done in the past - it's been quite a few years) and drive around. I'll see if that works and if it does and my mobile setup shows up on APRS.fi then I think I'm good to go. I'm not sure if I was watching received packets when they were active in the day (they died off at night).  Since Robust Packet is so threadbare I'll have to have both the gateway and the mobile setup myself . I have seen my own Robust Packet location in my vehicle in years past but there is apparently NO WAY to see robust packet gateways in N. America - there's no way to filter the gateway stations or the mobile stations in any database to verify ROBUST packet - or VHF packet for that matter - that I know of.

ANyhow thanks for your continued help.