From: APRSISCE@groups.io [mailto:APRSISCE@groups.io] On Behalf Of K7OI-Mark
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 6:07 PM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: [APRSISCE] Now unable to see k7oi-8 on aprs droid

So I configured aprsis32 as a digipeater 1-1 now am unable to see k7oi-8 on aprs droid

Wondering if I need to change something

K7OI-Mark

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 07:45 PM, Brian Webster wrote:

The only way you will see your IS stream connected Android device on your RF only computer setup is if there is a local I-Gate station that has gone ahead and set up specifically for your IS only unit to pass from the IS out on to the RF channel. If you were to travel outside the 2 hop range of that I-Gate that is passing your IS only packets, you will not show up again on the RF channel.

I-gated traffic is not bi-directional. That means just because you are on a device that has IS connectivity only, you will not have your packets sent over RF even if you have an RF only station on line. Your IS connected device is likely seeing your RF only station because somewhere within 2 hopes of your RF only station, an I-Gate has heard those RF packets and sent them to the IS stream for which your Android device is connected. It may not always show up however if an I-Gate does not decode your RF only station packets, or if there were collisions and the packets never made it to an I-Gate and decoded successfully and sent to the IS.

This explanation will also ring true if you try to see your packets on APRS.FI

Thank You,

Brian N2KGC

So I configured aprsis32 as a digipeater 1-1 now am unable to see k7oi-8 on aprs droid

Wondering if I need to change something

K7OI-Mark

Tnx
As I figure out the system that's what I thought. However, concrete description makes me certain of my thinking.
Tnx for explaining.