Not able to xmit a 'message' RF

KD7YZ Bob

Hello APRSISCE@groups.io

I was wanting to send a packet/message to a friend 15 miles away via message

when I bring up chat/message, I see only "SEND IS"

where RF is greyed out.

why is that?

--
73,
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Do you actually have an RF port configured?  And if so, do you have messaging enabled on that port?  And do you have Enables / Receive-Only NOT checked?

Those are the two (ok, three, I added one) questions that come to mind without actually looking at the source code to determine the grey-out conditions.

On 11/5/2021 10:06 AM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
Hello APRSISCE@groups.io

I was wanting to send a packet/message to a friend 15 miles away via message

when I bring up chat/message, I see only "SEND IS"

where RF is greyed out.

why is that?

--
73,
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

KD7YZ Bob

Progress Lynn, thanks.

I just messaged WD4U and saw that the D710G did, in fact, transmit.

What's "Send Best" infer?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

From http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/chat

Best
use RF or IS as the program determines the best option.

On 11/6/2021 5:59 AM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
Progress Lynn, thanks.

I just messaged WD4U and saw that the D710G did, in fact, transmit.

What's  "Send Best" infer?

ivan pico revilla

Tnx

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 6 nov 2021, a las 11:00, KD7YZ Bob <kd7yz@denstarfarm.us> escribió:

Progress Lynn, thanks.

I just messaged WD4U and saw that the D710G did, in fact, transmit.

What's "Send Best" infer?

<send_best.JPG>
<rx_only.JPG>
<send_IS.JPG>