Nickname File Transfer

Bob KE6GYD

Our group has over 100 nicknames set up on my computer.  Is there a file containing those nicknames that can be transferred to other members computers so they don't have to recreate them all?
Bob
KE6GYD  

Fred Hillhouse

I don’t believe there is a direct way to transfer them. However, You may be able to copy them from your .xml and paste them in the others.

Be sure to back up your xml files first. It might take several tries. Of course any modification will have to be done while APRSIS32 is NOT running.

Fred N7FMH

From: APRSISCE@groups.io [mailto:APRSISCE@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob KE6GYD
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2020 7:11 PM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: [APRSISCE] Nickname File Transfer

Our group has over 100 nicknames set up on my computer.  Is there a file containing those nicknames that can be transferred to other members computers so they don't have to recreate them all?
Bob
KE6GYD  

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Rob Giuliano

Lynn,
Is adding an 'include" (<Include>{path and xml file name}</include>) into the main xml as a means of doing simple things like this?
I realize this would make it a pain when saving the XML, a simple expansion and write out as a single file would even work as a short term fix.

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

On Saturday, April 18, 2020, 7:11:14 PM EDT, Bob KE6GYD <ke6gyd@...> wrote:

Bob
KE6GYD  

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Interesting thought, but not currently implemented, of course.  And it's not quite as easy as it might sound given that I'm using a pre-packaged lua XML reader/interpreter and that's not part of the native XML spec.

What would end up happening is that the <include>...</include> value would simply come through as an element in the parsed XML which the APRSIS32 XML processor would summarily ignore and drop on the floor on the next save.

I'll give it some thought though...

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 4/19/2020 11:19 AM, Rob Giuliano via groups.io wrote:
Lynn,
Is adding an 'include" (<Include>{path and xml file name}</include>) into the main xml as a means of doing simple things like this?
I realize this would make it a pain when saving the XML, a simple expansion and write out as a single file would even work as a short term fix.

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

On Saturday, April 18, 2020, 7:11:14 PM EDT, Bob KE6GYD <ke6gyd@...> wrote:

Bob
KE6GYD