Mobilink BT TNC 3 and ISS APRS

Don Poaps

Has anyone used this setup for ISS APRS? I have no issues running it locally on 144.390. I have to figure how to change the path to ARISS. Is there a way to have a profile for APRS and one for ARISS?

73

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...
Subject://wl2k

ALLSTAR  530780
Hamshack Hotline
5971
Mid-Island Phone Mesh
2210
2232

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Configure / Beacon / Path... is where you can change the path.

And no, APRSIS32 doesn't support "profiles", but it does support multiple instances.  Just put the .EXE into a new empty directory and configure it as you need.  Just make sure you only run one at a time if they're attempting to use the same radio interface.

PS.  Instead of copying the .EXE, you can also just create a shortcut to the .EXE and specify different default directories on those shortcuts.

On 11/10/2021 11:08 AM, Don Poaps wrote:
Has anyone used this setup for ISS APRS? I have no issues running it locally on 144.390. I have to figure how to change the path to ARISS. Is there a way to have a profile for APRS and one for ARISS?

73

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...

ALLSTAR  530780
Hamshack Hotline
5971
Mid-Island Phone Mesh
2210
2232

Don Poaps

Thank You.

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...

ALLSTAR  530780
Hamshack Hotline
5971
Mid-Island Phone Mesh
2210
2232

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 8:18 AM Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

[...]

Michael Wright

Has anyone used this setup for ISS APRS?
issues I have had is it seems much more difficult to receive ISS radio signals. Some years ago very easy, a basic j-pole is all I needed. I guess transmitter they replaced few years ago has much less power because I am lucky to get maybe just one transmission.

Mike K6MFW

Rob Giuliano

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 11:18 AM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:
And no, APRSIS32 doesn't support "profiles", but it does support multiple instances.  Just put the .EXE into a new empty directory and configure it as you need.  Just make sure you only run one at a time if they're attempting to use the same radio interface.
UNLESS the interface allows multiple users (like AGW or some KISS over TCP/IP).  I have used multiple instances of APRSIS32 attached to the same Direwolf instance using this method.  Keep in mind the limitation of TX on 'stream zero' only.

PS.  Instead of copying the .EXE, you can also just create a shortcut to the .EXE and specify different default directories on those shortcuts.
BTW, creating a shortcut with a different default path for the XML makes updates much easier.
         Just be sure and set the path to the map tiles.

Rob KB8RCO