Mobilink BT TNC 3 and ISS APRS

Don Poaps

Has anyone used this setup for ISS APRS? I have no issues running it locally on 144.390. I have to figure how to change the path to ARISS. Is there a way to have a profile for APRS and one for ARISS? 

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...
Subject://wl2k    

ALLSTAR  530780
Hamshack Hotline
Mid-Island Phone Mesh

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Configure / Beacon / Path... is where you can change the path.

And no, APRSIS32 doesn't support "profiles", but it does support multiple instances.  Just put the .EXE into a new empty directory and configure it as you need.  Just make sure you only run one at a time if they're attempting to use the same radio interface.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

PS.  Instead of copying the .EXE, you can also just create a shortcut to the .EXE and specify different default directories on those shortcuts.

On 11/10/2021 11:08 AM, Don Poaps wrote:
Has anyone used this setup for ISS APRS? I have no issues running it locally on 144.390. I have to figure how to change the path to ARISS. Is there a way to have a profile for APRS and one for ARISS? 

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

ALLSTAR  530780
Hamshack Hotline
Mid-Island Phone Mesh

Don Poaps

Thank You.

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

ALLSTAR  530780
Hamshack Hotline
Mid-Island Phone Mesh

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 8:18 AM Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

Configure / Beacon / Path... is where you can change the path.

And no, APRSIS32 doesn't support "profiles", but it does support multiple instances.  Just put the .EXE into a new empty directory and configure it as you need.  Just make sure you only run one at a time if they're attempting to use the same radio interface.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

PS.  Instead of copying the .EXE, you can also just create a shortcut to the .EXE and specify different default directories on those shortcuts.

On 11/10/2021 11:08 AM, Don Poaps wrote:

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

ALLSTAR  530780
Hamshack Hotline
Mid-Island Phone Mesh

Michael Wright

Has anyone used this setup for ISS APRS?
issues I have had is it seems much more difficult to receive ISS radio signals. Some years ago very easy, a basic j-pole is all I needed. I guess transmitter they replaced few years ago has much less power because I am lucky to get maybe just one transmission.

Mike K6MFW

Rob Giuliano

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 11:18 AM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:
UNLESS the interface allows multiple users (like AGW or some KISS over TCP/IP).  I have used multiple instances of APRSIS32 attached to the same Direwolf instance using this method.  Keep in mind the limitation of TX on 'stream zero' only.

BTW, creating a shortcut with a different default path for the XML makes updates much easier. 
         Just be sure and set the path to the map tiles.

Rob KB8RCO