Migration to Groups.IO

Lynn Deffenbaugh

According to groups.io, the migration is complete.  I only verified that there are a bunch of messages that weren't there before and that there are now 4,625 members in that new group. Hopefully you all made it over!

Now I have to figure out how to shut down the Yahoo group and also update the Wiki so that it points to group.io.

Greg D

Yay! Thanks for taking care of this, Lynn.

Our ham club bailed out of Yahoo to Groups.io some years ago, and our
experience with Groups.io has been very positive.

Greg KO6TH

Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:

According to groups.io, the migration is complete. I only verified
that there are a bunch of messages that weren't there before and that
there are now 4,625 members in that new group. Hopefully you all made
it over!

Now I have to figure out how to shut down the Yahoo group and also
update the Wiki so that it points to group.io.

Jeff

This is pretty awesome! Much more user friendly than Yahoo. I now have a reason to actually visit the group again rather than just read the email notifications.

THANK YOU LYNN!

p.s. Was there a cost involved for you, and will you accept donations to offset that?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

There is a cost to the transition for the first year, but I'm not soliciting any reimbursement at this time.  If that changes, I'll let you know.

On 10/16/2019 5:03 PM, Jeff wrote:
This is pretty awesome! Much more user friendly than Yahoo. I now have a reason to actually visit the group again rather than just read the email notifications.

THANK YOU LYNN!

p.s. Was there a cost involved for you, and will you accept donations to offset that?

David Shrum

Now the ONLY yahoo group I'm still a member of it the APRSISMO group.

Dave N8PU

There is a cost to the transition for the first year, but I'm not soliciting any reimbursement at this time.  If that changes, I'll let you know.

On 10/16/2019 5:03 PM, Jeff wrote:

This is pretty awesome! Much more user friendly than Yahoo. I now have a reason to actually visit the group again rather than just read the email notifications.

THANK YOU LYNN!

p.s. Was there a cost involved for you, and will you accept donations to offset that?

Randy Love

yeah.. if that guy just knew how easy it is to migrate it over to groups.io    ;)

Randy
WF5X

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 5:39 PM David Shrum <dave.n8pu@...> wrote:

Now the ONLY yahoo group I'm still a member of it the APRSISMO group.

Dave N8PU

There is a cost to the transition for the first year, but I'm not soliciting any reimbursement at this time.  If that changes, I'll let you know.

On 10/16/2019 5:03 PM, Jeff wrote:

This is pretty awesome! Much more user friendly than Yahoo. I now have a reason to actually visit the group again rather than just read the email notifications.

THANK YOU LYNN!

p.s. Was there a cost involved for you, and will you accept donations to offset that?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

I am probably NOT going to migrate it, but simply invite all of the current members.  I don't think there are very many of them and I don't believe there's much history to be lost by not migrating the messages.

On 10/16/2019 5:38 PM, David Shrum wrote:

Now the ONLY yahoo group I'm still a member of it the APRSISMO group.

Dave N8PU

There is a cost to the transition for the first year, but I'm not soliciting any reimbursement at this time.  If that changes, I'll let you know.

On 10/16/2019 5:03 PM, Jeff wrote:

This is pretty awesome! Much more user friendly than Yahoo. I now have a reason to actually visit the group again rather than just read the email notifications.

THANK YOU LYNN!

p.s. Was there a cost involved for you, and will you accept donations to offset that?

David Shrum

Sounds good to me, then I'll go ahead and close that Yahoo account there too. I went and closed all my other accounts there, so I'll have no accounts left there.

Thanks Lynn