Topics

Messages

Sean Rafferty

Good morning all, a quick question.
I get message notifications in the top right box but when I click on it there really is no message just a call sign, time and date stamp, and nothing else.
90% of them come form the same station.
What is the point of this?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Can you provide a screen capture of one of these messages?  I suspect there's more in the body than you are noticing.

And what callsign-SSID are "90%" of them from?

On 9/8/2020 9:38 AM, Sean Rafferty wrote:
Good morning all, a quick question.
I get message notifications in the top right box but when I click on it there really is no message just a call sign, time and date stamp, and nothing else.
90% of them come form the same station.
What is the point of this?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

For instance, does it actually look like this:

On 9/8/2020 9:44 AM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:

Can you provide a screen capture of one of these messages?  I suspect there's more in the body than you are noticing.

And what callsign-SSID are "90%" of them from?

On 9/8/2020 9:38 AM, Sean Rafferty wrote:
Good morning all, a quick question.
I get message notifications in the top right box but when I click on it there really is no message just a call sign, time and date stamp, and nothing else.
90% of them come form the same station.
What is the point of this?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Or this:

(Conveniently, these were waiting for me on my full-feed monitor instance).

On 9/8/2020 9:45 AM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:

For instance, does it actually look like this:

On 9/8/2020 9:44 AM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:

Can you provide a screen capture of one of these messages?  I suspect there's more in the body than you are noticing.

And what callsign-SSID are "90%" of them from?

On 9/8/2020 9:38 AM, Sean Rafferty wrote:
Good morning all, a quick question.
I get message notifications in the top right box but when I click on it there really is no message just a call sign, time and date stamp, and nothing else.
90% of them come form the same station.
What is the point of this?

James Ewen

Or they could be MIC-E status messages.

James
VE6SRV

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 7:47 AM Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

Or this:

(Conveniently, these were waiting for me

on my full-feed monitor instance).

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE

for Windows Mobile and Win32

--
James
VE6SRV

Sean Rafferty

It is MIC-E notifications.I did a quick search and found out how to disable them.
I am still learning all of this since retiring last year. Computers have come a long way since my TI 99-4A.
Thank you for the replies.