Map loaded once, now not loading

Trey Garland

Hi everyone.  I just got a Kenwood TM-D710ga and have been enjoying it.  I’m trying to get some sort of APRS software running when I have the rig in the house.   The first time I loaded up APRSICE I got a map where I could select my location.  Now I just get a white circle in a black box.  Internet is enabled, and we have good bandwidth.  Not sure what could have gone wrong.  Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Along with this, I am hearing local APRS traffic, but it isn’t showing up on the list on the left.  The two may be related, but I wanted to put that out there as well.  

Many thanks and 73s

Trey Garland - N5RXZ

Adam Mahnke

Hit your right arrow key about 30 times and see if that helps

Adam
KC2ANT

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021, 13:19 Trey Garland <treygarland@...> wrote:
Hi everyone.  I just got a Kenwood TM-D710ga and have been enjoying it.  I’m trying to get some sort of APRS software running when I have the rig in the house.   The first time I loaded up APRSICE I got a map where I could select my location.  Now I just get a white circle in a black box.  Internet is enabled, and we have good bandwidth.  Not sure what could have gone wrong.  Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Along with this, I am hearing local APRS traffic, but it isn’t showing up on the list on the left.  The two may be related, but I wanted to put that out there as well.  

Many thanks and 73s

Trey Garland - N5RXZ

Trey Garland

Alas, no joy.  But thank you!

From: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io> on behalf of Adam Mahnke <kc2ant@...>
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2021 12:21:01 PM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [APRSISCE] Map loaded once, now not loading

Adam
KC2ANT

Hi everyone.  I just got a Kenwood TM-D710ga and have been enjoying it.  I’m trying to get some sort of APRS software running when I have the rig in the house.   The first time I loaded up APRSICE I got a map where I could select my location.  Now I just get a white circle in a black box.  Internet is enabled, and we have good bandwidth.  Not sure what could have gone wrong.  Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Along with this, I am hearing local APRS traffic, but it isn’t showing up on the list on the left.  The two may be related, but I wanted to put that out there as well.  

Many thanks and 73s

Trey Garland - N5RXZ

Adam Mahnke

hmm.... I'd say try zooming out (Down arrow), you should see a whole world map. Right arrow to change the transparency to less.

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 3:17 PM Trey Garland <treygarland@...> wrote:
Alas, no joy.  But thank you!

From: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io> on behalf of Adam Mahnke <kc2ant@...>

Adam
KC2ANT

Many thanks and 73s

Trey Garland - N5RXZ

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Are you sure you are running APRSIS32 the same way you did it the first time, from the same folder?

It sounds like you may be double-clicking the .EXE from within a .ZIP file viewer and have not yet extracted the .EXE from the .ZIP into a newly created empty folder that is NOT under Program Files.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 11/18/2021 3:25 PM, Adam Mahnke wrote:
hmm.... I'd say try zooming out (Down arrow), you should see a whole world map. Right arrow to change the transparency to less.

Adam
KC2ANT

Many thanks and 73s

Trey Garland - N5RXZ

Trey Garland

No, it is extracted to a data drive in a folder. Not running it from a zipped folder 

From: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io> on behalf of Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...>
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2021 3:38:23 PM

Are you sure you are running APRSIS32 the same way you did it the first time, from the same folder?

It sounds like you may be double-clicking the .EXE from within a .ZIP file viewer and have not yet extracted the .EXE from the .ZIP into a newly created empty folder that is NOT under Program Files.

Adam
KC2ANT

Many thanks and 73s

Trey Garland - N5RXZ

Adam Mahnke

Trey,

Was this before or after setting up the radio port?

I'm wondering what you see when the radio isn't hooked up.

Adam

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021, 17:35 Trey Garland <treygarland@...> wrote:
No, it is extracted to a data drive in a folder. Not running it from a zipped folder 

From: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io> on behalf of Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...>
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2021 3:38:23 PM

Adam
KC2ANT

Many thanks and 73s

Trey Garland - N5RXZ