KISS TNC Running

Stan Leeds <srkleeds@...>

This was one of the quickest config to a TNC I have done. Pretty much in under five minutes I had the program downloaded and connected/receivimg via RF only with a DR-135/T2-135 setup. This is with low power and a mg mount antenna by the window. KC7EHJ-4

Lynn,
When I sent the RF only message to you, I had only been up for about 10 minutes.

I do have some comments/questions:
When looking at my messages on findu.com, I saw these...
KC7EHJ-4 KC7EHJ-4 03/07 02:18:55z Send another BITS.11111111,Battery State Tracking
KC7EHJ-4 KC7EHJ-4 03/07 02:18:55z Send another EQNS.0,1,0,0,1,0,0,1,0,0,1,0,0,1,0
KC7EHJ-4 KC7EHJ-4 03/07 02:18:55z Send another UNIT.Percent,Charge/On/Off,Sats/On/Off,N/A,N/A,On,Yes,On,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A
KC7EHJ-4 KC7EHJ-4 03/07 02:18:55z Send another PARM.Battery,Charging/AC,GPS+Sat,A4,A5,A/C,Charging,GPS,B4,B5,B6,B7,B8
Are these actually from me to me?

Also I see my call with the * on the end which I believe that I was digi'd.
But my call KC7EHJ-4 was originally just black lettering, then I saw black lettering with a red highlight, then white lettering and red highlight. I've looked, but i have either missed the explanation or couldn't find it.

Now low priority wish list for the small time I have playing with it. A lot of other folks has brought most of the main options carried over from UI-View.
I would like to see (for Windows) is when zooming with a mouse wheel that the display centers were the mouse pointer is..
A closed fist/hand when dragging the map around.

Thanks for all the hard work and look forward to more.

73,
Stan/KC7EHJ

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Stan Leeds wrote:
I do have some comments/questions:
When looking at my messages on findu.com, I saw these...
KC7EHJ-4 KC7EHJ-4 03/07 02:18:55z Send another BITS.11111111,Battery State Tracking
KC7EHJ-4 KC7EHJ-4 03/07 02:18:55z Send another EQNS.0,1,0,0,1,0,0,1,0,0,1,0,0,1,0
KC7EHJ-4 KC7EHJ-4 03/07 02:18:55z Send another UNIT.Percent,Charge/On/Off,Sats/On/Off,N/A,N/A,On,Yes,On,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A
KC7EHJ-4 KC7EHJ-4 03/07 02:18:55z Send another PARM.Battery,Charging/AC,GPS+Sat,A4,A5,A/C,Charging,GPS,B4,B5,B6,B7,B8
Are these actually from me to me?
Yes, they actually are. And I just put an entry on the Wiki today that describes them! They're the messages that set up telemetry. You can read the following pages for details:

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/telemetry

http://www.aprs.net/vm/DOS/TELEMTRY.HTM

http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Telemetry

Also I see my call with the * on the end which I believe that I was digi'd.
But my call KC7EHJ-4 was originally just black lettering, then I saw black lettering with a red highlight, then white lettering and red highlight. I've looked, but i have either missed the explanation or couldn't find it.
I have a ToDo to explain the colors, but they're showing how far away the station is. Black means we don't know where the station is. Green are far away, Red are close by. Reverse video is for someone in your filter as a Buddy. Yellow background are other stations running APRSISCE/32. Ping background is a packet that APRSISCE/32 considers as probably invalid (moving too fast, duplilcate, or beaconing too quickly).

Now low priority wish list for the small time I have playing with it. A lot of other folks has brought most of the main options carried over from UI-View.
I would like to see (for Windows) is when zooming with a mouse wheel that the display centers were the mouse pointer is..
Sorry, not happening anytime too soon. Centering the map is one of my hot spots. I NEVER pay attention to where the mouse pointer is when I spin the wheel and actually despise things that pan the map when I didn't tell them to.

A closed fist/hand when dragging the map around.
I'm a simple person, if Windows doesn't do it automatically, I don't usually bother with eye candy. I'm more focused on basic functionality. I'll add it to the list, though, for sometime I'm bored and want to learn how to do something new.

Thanks for all the hard work and look forward to more.
Keep up the suggestions, even when I respond negatively the first time. Sometimes I can come around after thinking about it for a while...

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

73,
Stan/KC7EHJ

Stan Leeds <srkleeds@...>

Thanks Lynn, I'll finish reading up on your links.

I see were you have sent me a couple or three messages via "RF", I've sent replies, but they sit there "Pending". I'm still using low power and an antenna sitting by the window, so not sure how well I'm getting out. However no problem using the email messaging or messaging with local stations.

So, in summary, the test with a radio "just sitting there" I'm going to chalk up complete. The next test is to put it one of my laptops with WinXP (have another with Vista I'll check also), prefetch some maps, connect a GPS, then this radio and take it out for a spin.

I ran a UI-View IGATE for a couple of years before the winter, but a limb took out the antenna and since then I have had a case of "motivational antenna installation" syndrome. It was bi-directional and I would gate 2 or 3 mobiles to RF when they went back and forth to Florida and others during vacation. Guess I need to get a remedy for my "lazyness"...

I've seen were you may be working on other external mapping programs (PMaps?) and D-710 interfacing, I'm also interested in those.

Cheers and 73,
Stan/KC7EHJ-4

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/telemetry <http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/telemetry>

http://www.aprs.net/vm/DOS/TELEMTRY.HTM <http://www.aprs.net/vm/DOS/TELEMTRY.HTM>