Keeping .gpx and .pos upon closing-Solved

Bob KE6GYD

Set up a new beacon comment under Configure/Beacon/Comment and the check box remained on the new comment created after closing and restarting.  So it's saving the .XML config.

BUT, THE THOUGHT OCCURRED TO ME:  I was now inserting the .gpx and .pos files from a different directory than the APRSIS32 program directory.  So when I inserted them from the same directory, they stayed upon closing the program.  I presume that .XML config file only searches for them in the APRSIS32 program directory.  That's why it worked in the past and not recently.

I don't know if there is a way to point to a different directory so the .XML file saves the configuration, but if not, no big deal now that I understand what happened.  It was just easier for me to work with the files and backup the files in a separate directory.

Thanks for getting me to do some thinking.

73
Bob
KE6GYD

Lynn Deffenbaugh

I almost never have my GPXs in the directory with APRSIS32, but always have them elsewhere.

Are you sure the other directory is available every time you started APRSIS32?  If it was a thumb drive or other removable media, APRSIS32 might have marked them unavailable if they weren't there once and then might not ever check them again.

Anyway, I'm glad you have it working, but I wish we knew exactly what was worng (sic).