Keeping .gpx and .pos upon closing

Bob KE6GYD

Is there a setting I'm missing?  I have configured .gpx and .pos overlays to show a course and checkpoints.
When I close APRSIS32, the overlays disappear when I open the program again. I'd like them to show.

Thanks & 73
Bob
KE6GYD

Lynn Deffenbaugh

APRSIS32 should be saving the GPX settings when you close the program.  Are the overlays still defined, but just not enabled?  Or are there definitions completely gone?  In other words, are they listed under Configure / Overlays after the restart?

Also, what version are you running.  I cannot state firmly what the behavior is in the 2012 General release, but only the 2019 Development version.

On 1/7/2020 3:12 PM, Bob KE6GYD wrote:
Is there a setting I'm missing?  I have configured .gpx and .pos overlays to show a course and checkpoints.
When I close APRSIS32, the overlays disappear when I open the program again. I'd like them to show.

Thanks & 73
Bob
KE6GYD

Bob KE6GYD

It's the 2012 version.  I'll try the latest and see how that works.
Thanks
Bob

Bob KE6GYD

And no, they are not listed under Configure/Overlays.  There are some grayed out overlay files listed, but those are not the ones I'm trying to use.
I'll let you know how the development version goes.
Thanks
Bob

Bob KE6GYD

Now using the latest dev version dated January, 2019.  Still not keeping the .gpx and .pos overlays on the map after closing then opening the program.  A year or so ago, I thought it did keep them, but I don't remember what may have changed as I had to manually delete the overlays then.
Bob

Lynn Deffenbaugh

It sounds like APRSIS32 is failing to write out the configuration file.

Try changing your beacon comment and closing and restarting APRSIS32 to make sure the change sticks.  If not, something is preventing the .XML configuration file from being written.