Is Prefetch working for maps?

VA3MCT

A friend of mine is struggling with his APRSIS32 install.

What he is seeing is a mix of clear and out of focus maps on his screen.

We have reinstalled, zoomed in and out, moved to another country and back again, all in an attempt to get the map to refresh.

The tile settings are as follows:-

The maps look like this ...

As you can see there is a mix of in focus and out of focus data in the mapping side of things.

Has anyone any suggestions on what is not happening correctly and a potential fix?

We have also reviewed the details on this manual web page http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/map-prefetch

The system is home based on a 50Mbps connection.

73

Mike VA3MCT

Rob Giuliano

I don't think there is anything wrong - just low 'transparency".
Left and right arrows will adjust this (per wiki link above).

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021, 10:47:30 AM EDT, VA3MCT <va3mct@...> wrote:

A friend of mine is struggling with his APRSIS32 install.

What he is seeing is a mix of clear and out of focus maps on his screen.

We have reinstalled, zoomed in and out, moved to another country and back again, all in an attempt to get the map to refresh.

The tile settings are as follows:-

The maps look like this ...

As you can see there is a mix of in focus and out of focus data in the mapping side of things.

Has anyone any suggestions on what is not happening correctly and a potential fix?

We have also reviewed the details on this manual web page http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/map-prefetch

The system is home based on a 50Mbps connection.

73

Mike VA3MCT

VA3MCT

There was something wrong. He had turned off OSM fetch and Internet under the Enable drop down.

All is working well now. A happy APRSIS32 user.

Now to fix his RF issues.

Mike VA3MCT