IS input data not passed to RF

6K2 JZA

Currently, I use the Direwolf sound card TNC and the connection between Direwolf and APRSISCE/32 is AGW or KISS (TCP/IP).
Xmit enabled, IStoRF, Enabled, etc. are enabled in Configure's port settings, but it does not send information received from IS to RF.
The only thing sent to RF is its own signal.

Rob Giuliano

The IStoRF option can overload the local RF frequency very quickly.
In order to avoid overloading the RF, APRSIS32 will only send specific data received from IS to RF.

This feature can be misused very easily, so is not commonly available.
It is only available when running the DEVELOPMENT version of APRSIS32:

 There is a 2 step process to determine which data is send:
1. Use <CTRL>G to setup a filter test to determine which messages received on IS will be sent to RF
    This internal APRSIS32 filter uses the same format as the APRS-IS system and include + (add data) and - (prevent data) options
    Let this run for quite some time so you are sure the amount of data received that goes to RF is not excessive.
    THIS TEST IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!
2. After you are sure you will not overload the RF channel in your area, you can implement the test filter with
    <CTRL>I

IMPORTANT:
You MUST test this filter or other users will be shut out from using the RF frequency because you are flooding it with data.
This process MUST be done each time you start APRSIS32.  It cannot be started automatically.
You are responsible for your stations transmissions.

You may want to search the Groups.io pages fro Ctrl-I for more information.
I kind of remember there are some discussions on IGating specific types of messages (like weather stations)

On Monday, August 2, 2021, 11:03:48 PM EDT, 6K2 JZA <6k2jza@...> wrote:

Currently, I use the Direwolf sound card TNC and the connection between Direwolf and APRSISCE/32 is AGW or KISS (TCP/IP).
Xmit enabled, IStoRF, Enabled, etc. are enabled in Configure's port settings, but it does not send information received from IS to RF.
The only thing sent to RF is its own signal.

Michael Wright

You are responsible for your stations transmissions.
Thanks for reminding us to keep ourselves clean.

Mike K6MFW