IPaq 3950

Mark Killmer

I have a few iPaq 3950 I would like to use this software. I am not sure which one to download. Plus does anyone know if Mobilinkd will work?  New all this.
--
KD6MRR

Greg D

Hi Mark,

I doubt any version of the APRSISCE software would run on this model.  I ran it many years ago on an iPaq HW6945, but it used the Windows Mobile 5 operating system, which I think was the first version that supported it.  The 3950 appears to use Pocket PC 2002, which pre-dates that by several years.

Greg  KO6TH

Mark Killmer via groups.io wrote:

I have a few iPaq 3950 I would like to use this software. I am not sure which one to download. Plus does anyone know if Mobilinkd will work?  New all this.
--
KD6MRR

Mark Killmer

Thank you. I do have a device that has the win mobile 5. For that device which version of the software would you suggest.

Thank you

--
*KD6MRR*

Greg D

Hi Mark,

By some miracle, my iPAQ still fires up. The version of APRSISCE on it
is dated 2013/10.29 15:15. That might not be the latest that will run
on it, but it's at least one that does.

To your other question about the TNC, my config seems to have been
connected to a Kenwood TH-D74 via Bluetooth at some point. No idea
about your TNC, but if it can do KISS, and connect via Bluetooth, it
might work.

Good luck!