Install an updated version of APRSIS32

David Shrum

I like the automatic way of updating. :-)

Dave N8PU

Just download the .ZIP, unzip it, close the client, copy the .EXE in,
and fire it back up. Smiple.

The next revision will have an on-line way to download and apply an
update if you have APRS-IS enabled and have an Internet connection.
Simply pulling up About will tell you if you have the latest or will
offer to download the .EXE directly onto your machine or phone. It also
automatically saves the version you were running with a name that
reflects what version (release date/time) it was. That way, if
something goes worng, you can just delete the new version, rename the
earlier one, and fire it back up.

I might get a periodic automatic check implemented as well which will
send you an internal APRS message when a new version is detected
prompting you to bring up About to download it.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - On, On, On to More and More Features!

14:34:00

Colin Catlin <m6xsd@...>

I too like the idea of automatic updates, I have about 5 different copies (for different SSIDs) with copies (Backups) on various machines.

So it would save me a lot of bother keeping track of which are up to date.

73,

Colin.