IGate not sending ACK responses consistently

Richard Steele NA9X

Just tinkering a bit... I have a simple IGate setup with an old Kenwood V7a, a Rigblaster Advantage in vox mode and am using UZ7HO sound modem on a PC.
The system will receive and successfully pass SMSGTE and EMAIL-2 messages from RF to IS from a handheld and a mobile unit. However, it doesn't send out ACK messages when the message originates with my HT but does send out ACKs to messages from my mobile. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

James Ewen

One of the first things that's going to be asked is the callsigns of the various pieces of equipment in use.

A capture of the packets that you are seeing/not seeing would also assist. So grab a capture of the working sequence from the HT, and then do the same thing with the mobile and capture that as well.

James
VE6SRV

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 10:16 AM Richard Steele NA9X <richard@...> wrote:
Just tinkering a bit... I have a simple IGate setup with an old Kenwood V7a, a Rigblaster Advantage in vox mode and am using UZ7HO sound modem on a PC.
The system will receive and successfully pass SMSGTE and EMAIL-2 messages from RF to IS from a handheld and a mobile unit. However, it doesn't send out ACK messages when the message originates with my HT but does send out ACKs to messages from my mobile. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Richard Steele NA9X

Ok thanks, I'll grab those from the log tonight... I've watched the reports in APRSIS as the handheld tx'd but am not familiar enough with what a problem might look like.
IGate is NA9X-10, mobile(FTM400) is -9 and HT(FT3D) is -2. I also use an old broken FT1D as -3 just to get a strobe alert to new Winlink emails and the igate is sending those out correctly.

Greg Depew

Most likely its the ft3 not decoding the packets.  There was a firmware update not too long ago for the 400 that addressed the same issue. I had the same problem with the 400 not decoding every other message packet while my ft1 and vx8 decoded all.

I don't own a ft3 so you'll have to check the website to see if they have new firmware out for it too.

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.