ICOM ID51A DPRS ON MAP

Al Massaro KF5SMH

We are attempting to have all of our team members activate their ID51A GPS  and then be able to track them on the map.
As yet we cannot get the position reports to show up on the map, we have tried both the A and G message options.
Anybody try this and if so, how did you get it to work?
Any help appreciated!

AL M
KF5SMH

Lynn Deffenbaugh

I'm not sure I know what an "ID51A GPS" is?  But I suspect it has to do with D-Star and not APRS...

On 6/14/2021 12:35 PM, Al Massaro KF5SMH wrote:
We are attempting to have all of our team members activate their ID51A GPS  and then be able to track them on the map.
As yet we cannot get the position reports to show up on the map, we have tried both the A and G message options.
Anybody try this and if so, how did you get it to work?
Any help appreciated!

AL M
KF5SMH

justin killen

First off, you have to be within range of a D-star repeater or hotspot. DPRS doesn’t work the same as APRS. As long as you’re at within range of a D-star repeater, is all in the settings of the radio from there

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Doesn't the D-star repeater or hotspot also need to be running D-PRS to take the received positions, reformat them, and inject them to the APRS-IS?

http://www.aprs-is.net/dprs.aspx

On 6/14/2021 1:09 PM, justin killen via groups.io wrote:
First off, you have to be within range of a D-star repeater or hotspot. DPRS doesn’t work the same as APRS. As long as you’re at within range of a D-star repeater, is all in the settings of the radio from there

Luis ea1axy

K3RWN

Are you communicating through a repeater or hotspot?

Turning on the GPS alone is not enough.   You need to turn on the DPRS messaging also

Rich