Topics

HTC Mogul PPC-6800

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Is anyone out there running the subject device with APRSISCE? Even failing that, does anyone know if it actually contains a GPS? The review below doesn't mention it even though it seems to be fairly detailed.

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/phones/HTC-Mogul.htm

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

PS. If you have one, be cautious in trying it. I have a report that it crashed a phone to the extent of needing an entire data restore. Nothing in my program should be capable of causing that extreme of a hang. At times, the program can be non-responsive (on my list to fix) when you are out of data coverage, but the Start Menu still works and Settings / System / Memory / Running Programs is always able to kill it without even rebooting the phone, let alone losing data.

David Shrum

I had an Alltel brand one and if I remember correctly, that would be a
no IF you are using a stock rom. Hardware wise it has one but you
can't use it. If you have a different rom that is suppose to let you
use it, I would say a qualified yes. Mine was very slow to lock on to
see the 'birds'; but this was my mileage, yours may vary.

Dave N8PU

On 1/4/10, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@arrl.net> wrote:
Is anyone out there running the subject device with APRSISCE? Even
failing that, does anyone know if it actually contains a GPS? The
review below doesn't mention it even though it seems to be fairly detailed.

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/phones/HTC-Mogul.htm

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

PS. If you have one, be cautious in trying it. I have a report that it
crashed a phone to the extent of needing an entire data restore.
Nothing in my program should be capable of causing that extreme of a
hang. At times, the program can be non-responsive (on my list to fix)
when you are out of data coverage, but the Start Menu still works and
Settings / System / Memory / Running Programs is always able to kill it
without even rebooting the phone, let alone losing data.

Noel Shrum

I ran it for a little while on my Sprint HTC Mogul (PPC-6800).

It worked great.

Noel
W8TVI