Topics

Heard List on APRSIS32?

Demetre - M0SUY/SV1UY

Hi Lynn and all,

Is there a Heard List in APRSIS32 so that if we select it we can see which callsigns were heard on RF directly or via a DIGIpeater or via an IGATE?

--
73 de Demetre M0SUY/SV1UY
APRS: 1st & best Social Network

Lynn Deffenbaugh

View / None followed by View / RF / All.

Or what I use on my IGate is Configure / Scroller / Show IGate/Digi along with No Internals and RF Only.  That way the packet scroller on the left side shows only RF-received packets and whether they were direct or via a digipeater.

Oh, and if you're running the View / RF / All you can toggle View / All on and off to see the "rest" of the stations that must have been heard via the APRS-IS.  There is not really any such thing as "heard via an IGate", except maybe the View / Transport / RF Only which will show those stations that appeared to be RF, and not talking directly to the APRS-IS.

But the APRSISCE/32 author doesn't believe in lists...

On 1/23/2021 10:05 AM, Demetre - M0SUY/SV1UY wrote:
Hi Lynn and all,

Is there a Heard List in APRSIS32 so that if we select it we can see which callsigns were heard on RF directly or via a DIGIpeater or via an IGATE?

Rob Giuliano

I often use Direwolf with APRSIS32 (typically with KISS over TCP/IP).
When I feel I need it, I use AGWmonitor to connect to the AGW port of Direwolf and it provides an mheard list.

This method will work with any AGW interface, so I assume you could open an AGW RF port on APRSIS32 and connect that to AGWmonitor, then send the data you want to monitor in a list to that port.

Just a thought.

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 14:34, Lynn Deffenbaugh
<kj4erj@...> wrote:
View / None followed by View / RF / All.

Or what I use on my IGate is Configure / Scroller / Show IGate/Digi
along with No Internals and RF Only.  That way the packet scroller on
the left side shows only RF-received packets and whether they were
direct or via a digipeater.

Oh, and if you're running the View / RF / All you can toggle View / All
on and off to see the "rest" of the stations that must have been heard
via the APRS-IS.  There is not really any such thing as "heard via an
IGate", except maybe the View / Transport / RF Only which will show
those stations that appeared to be RF, and not talking directly to the
APRS-IS.

But the APRSISCE/32 author doesn't believe in lists...

On 1/23/2021 10:05 AM, Demetre - M0SUY/SV1UY wrote:
> Hi Lynn and all,
>
> Is there a Heard List in APRSIS32 so that if we select it we can see which callsigns were heard on RF directly or via a DIGIpeater or via an IGATE?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

The AGW port on APRSIS32 is the wrong direction. It receives from RF and only transmits what it wants to go back out over RF.  I suspect AGWmonitor only works when connected to an AGW-providing program which APRSIS32 is not.  APRSIS32 is an AGW-consuming program.

On 1/23/2021 3:23 PM, Rob Giuliano via groups.io wrote:
I often use Direwolf with APRSIS32 (typically with KISS over TCP/IP).
When I feel I need it, I use AGWmonitor to connect to the AGW port of Direwolf and it provides an mheard list.

This method will work with any AGW interface, so I assume you could open an AGW RF port on APRSIS32 and connect that to AGWmonitor, then send the data you want to monitor in a list to that port.

Just a thought.

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 14:34, Lynn Deffenbaugh
View / None followed by View / RF / All.

Or what I use on my IGate is Configure / Scroller / Show IGate/Digi
along with No Internals and RF Only.  That way the packet scroller on
the left side shows only RF-received packets and whether they were
direct or via a digipeater.

Oh, and if you're running the View / RF / All you can toggle View / All
on and off to see the "rest" of the stations that must have been heard
via the APRS-IS.  There is not really any such thing as "heard via an
IGate", except maybe the View / Transport / RF Only which will show
those stations that appeared to be RF, and not talking directly to the
APRS-IS.

But the APRSISCE/32 author doesn't believe in lists...

On 1/23/2021 10:05 AM, Demetre - M0SUY/SV1UY wrote:
> Hi Lynn and all,
>
> Is there a Heard List in APRSIS32 so that if we select it we can see which callsigns were heard on RF directly or via a DIGIpeater or via an IGATE?

Demetre - M0SUY/SV1UY

Hi Rob and thanks for reply,

Yes I also use AGW PE on HF for ROBUST PACKET and UZ7HO Soundmodem for AX25 PACKET so at least I can see the heardlist this way.
On VHF though I use an APRS Voyager VHF radio with an embedded TNC and BT which connects to APRSIS32 using a SimplyKISS port via bluetooth port since the Radio's Bluetooth TNC does not appear as a COMport on the PC, I cannot connect it to AGW Packet Engine, that is why I was wondering if there was a way to have a Heard List on APRSIS32. Never mind!

--
73 de Demetre M0SUY/SV1UY
APRS: 1st & best Social Network

Rob Giuliano

So it would only work on RF received packets going to APRSIS32 from an 'AGW device' like AGWpe, Direwolf, etc.
I have only used it with Direwolf  and only on very limited occasions.  It did provide an RF mHeard list.

I believe another option would be if Direwolf is running on a Raspberry Pi and AX.25 is enabled (-p option I think).  I am pretty sure the AX.25 tools package has an mHeard tool.  I've never tried that one.