GPS Satellites bar at the bottom: meaning thereof?

NR4U Bob AFMARS

There's an upper bar and a lower bar.
Some numbers appear on both bars.
There are different colors for each numbered gps satellite.
There are RED sections that vary throughout time/days etc.

So, I couldn't find a WIKI describing all the meanings of this.
What salient facts can I derive from noting the GPS Bars?

Tnx.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Number 10 from:

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:screen-elements

Points to:

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/gps

See if that answers your questions.  If not, please ask again.

On 3/16/2022 1:40 PM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
There's an upper bar and a lower bar.
Some numbers appear on both bars.
There are different colors for each numbered gps satellite.
There are RED sections that vary throughout time/days etc.

So, I couldn't find a WIKI describing all the meanings of this.
What salient facts can I derive from noting the GPS Bars?

Tnx.

NR4U Bob AFMARS

Perfect Lynn.
Now I understand what I am seeing.
Is it always so irregular ?
Maybe I need a bigger antenna than the u-blox USB-Dongle's outside mini-antenna. Though they all seem to be the same size as far as I can tell.

Glenn O'Connor

Screenshots, always appreciated.

Here's my GPS feed results:

Note the irregularities, in reception. Oh well. It works. And the NMEA source is the ShareGPS Android app.

73,

Glenn-KF0ED