Topics

gps

ve6tdx

Hi Guys.

I just updated my aprs software on the computer from the old version.

Now my gps is not showing on the computer anymore.

I went through the settings but nothing.

Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Adrian de ve6tdx

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Lynn Deffenbaugh

I assume your "aprs software" is APRSIS32?  Are you running development version or general release?  What does it say in your About box?

What is your GPS?  Is it directly connected to your PC or running through an APRS radio or TNC?  Are you sure it is NMEA?  Does it come through a COM port?  Have you connected a terminal emulator to said COM port to see if you get readable NMEA strings?

So many questions, and probably more to follow!

On 10/11/2020 11:29 AM, ve6tdx wrote:

Hi Guys.

I just updated my aprs software on the computer from the old version.

Now my gps is not showing on the computer anymore.

I went through the settings but nothing.

Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Adrian de ve6tdx

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

ve6tdx

Hi Lynn.

Thanks for the response.

Sorry for not telling the whole setup.

I have a Montana 600 garmin gps with the nmea I/o to the kenwood710 radio.

The radio is connected to a  computer running windows 10

I could see the gps status on the screen.

This morning I cheched the about and it told me there is a new update.

The new version is 2020/05/01.

Thanks for the nice Program.

Adrian

[...]

Does the D710 indicate that it is receiving a GPS fix?

What Port Type do you use to communicate to the D710?

What are the <Open/CloseCmd>s specified for that port in your APRSIS32.xml file?

Do you have the option to enable or disable the GPS in APRSIS32's Enables menu?

If you open and enable the Port<YourPortName> trace log, what do you see?

Do you have an NMEA trace log?  If you open and enable it, what do you see?

Is this instance stationary or mobile?  The only one I see for you recently is VE6TDX-9 with a car symbol.

On 10/11/2020 12:06 PM, ve6tdx wrote:

[...]

Maybe if I send u the xlm. File.

I am not good with computer files.

To old for this.