Google Maps to GPX

Fred Hillhouse

Greetings,

It has been a while since I tried converting a Google Maps travel solution to GPX. I just tried it and had success. It has never been simpler!

https://mapstogpx.com/

Give it a shot!

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH

Avast logo

Stan Leeds <srkleeds@...>

I've used it a lot.� Did some mapping for Amtrak routes that my wife and I will do with APRSIS32 once this virus thing gets more under control.� Its good when you only need routes as defined by Google Maps.

Another one I have used was www.mapmyride.com.� I paid for the low range offering to support, but it's pluses were when you need to change from roads or documented pathways to say through a fence gate or using a foot path, you are able to change the tool that documents that and then you can output as a GPX with no hand editing the file.� Used for a number of bike and marathons here and again with APRSIS32. (No affiliation just the one I came across that worked for what I needed)

Cheers and 73,
Stan, KC7EHJ

On 7/13/2020 6:17 PM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:

Greetings,

�

It has been a while since I tried converting a Google Maps travel solution to GPX. I just tried it and had success. It has never been simpler!

�

https://mapstogpx.com/

�

Give it a shot!

�

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH

Avast logo

Min

Hi Fred

Thanks for the link and will try it but I normally use Basecamp for any mapping and routes, motor biking(motorcycling) or car.

With the controls that BC has a true time for the setup but doesn’t have the road closure at that time….

I’ll try anything once J….

I’m an active user of Google and used to use MyRoute APP when it Tyre to Travel and wondered why a route would not work (The road through the Alps was closed due to rock fall) making it a 120 km reroute !!! Google intelligence at the time but since they started charging up to the minute planning has gone from some routing websites.

So plan it on BC and then check on Google for road works and closure nearer the time.

My routes taken are then put into BC and it’s worrying the information available to you and others!!!!!!

Min G0JMS

It has been a while since I tried converting a Google Maps travel solution to GPX. I just tried it and had success. It has never been simpler!

https://mapstogpx.com/

Give it a shot!

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH

Avast logo

Fred Hillhouse

For a while mapstogpx did not work. It was after one of the big Google map changes. I am glad it is working again. I have tried other methods and some were better than others. I quickly made a collection of tracks that covered a few was to a destination.

Fred N7FMH

[...]

A long time ago I purchased ExpertGPS for some other stuff I was doing. I never really liked Basecamp (BC). The free map options was not pretty enough.

I too have found paths that did not work. One that sticks in my mind was a relatively local bridge that was out of service. I could not figure out why Google would not route over it until I did my trip. At the time there was no indication the bridge was out of service.

I used Google My Maps as well. It will export to an KML which I had to convert to GPX.

Fred N7FMH

It has been a while since I tried converting a Google Maps travel solution to GPX. I just tried it and had success. It has never been simpler!

https://mapstogpx.com/

Give it a shot!

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH