FTM-300dr. It transmitting messages

Steve Kiper WD4U

Having problem when creating a chat message in APRSIS32 can’t send the message won’t key the radio. I am sure it is a setting but can’t find it even though it used to work. All help would be appreciated.
Steve, WD4U

Adam Mahnke

Is it sending position packets?

Adam
KC2ANT

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 7:14 AM Steve Kiper WD4U <dollhouses1966@...> wrote:
Having problem when creating a chat message in APRSIS32 can’t send the message won’t key the radio. I am sure it is a setting but can’t find it even though it used to work. All help would be appreciated.
Steve, WD4U

Rob Giuliano

I thought Yaesu products were receive only when using the internel "Tracker"?
If you want an attached computer to cause the radio tk TX, you need to use a sound card modem or real TNC.  That is why the "Data Jack" has the audio and PTT in it.

Rob KB8RCO

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 7:14, Steve Kiper WD4U
<dollhouses1966@...> wrote:
Having problem when creating a chat message in APRSIS32 can’t send the message won’t key the radio. I am sure it is a setting but can’t find it even though it used to work. All help would be appreciated.
Steve, WD4U

Adam Mahnke

Nice catch Rob, I don't have one of those radios so I'm not super familiar with how they work.

73's
Adam Mahnke
KC2ANT

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 9:24 AM Rob Giuliano via groups.io <kb8rco=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I thought Yaesu products were receive only when using the internel "Tracker"?
If you want an attached computer to cause the radio tk TX, you need to use a sound card modem or real TNC.  That is why the "Data Jack" has the audio and PTT in it.

Rob KB8RCO

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 7:14, Steve Kiper WD4U
Having problem when creating a chat message in APRSIS32 can’t send the message won’t key the radio. I am sure it is a setting but can’t find it even though it used to work. All help would be appreciated.
Steve, WD4U

Steve Kiper WD4U

Only through internet

Steve Kiper WD4U

I am using Signalink

Glenn O'Connor

Yaesu APRS-capable products have a complicated relationship with the mode.

Transmit packet position reports and probably only create/send messages
from the control head only. Any externally connected software is relegated to interpreting rcv only.

Am I missing anything fellas?

Glenn-K0ION
'Owner of -400D and a brand spanking new -200D'