Filter Language (code)

Michael McKenzie

I am having trouble decerning the programming for a filter. I the Digi's in black squares I see to not show up. How would that be written on a global or regional scale?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

What is the specific symbol of the station(s) you do not want to see?  "Digi's in black squares" doesn't tell me specifically enough.  If you click on the station and bring up it's full detailed popup, the Sym: has a descriptive text and the actual symbol 2 characters in () at the end.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 8/27/2021 1:17 PM, Michael McKenzie wrote:
I am having trouble decerning the programming for a filter. I the Digi's in black squares I see to not show up. How would that be written on a global or regional scale?

Michael McKenzie

Not sure I see what you are referring to. I would like to eliminate these symbols from my display. From that I may be able to decern how to do others such at the WX stations.

Adam Mahnke

Lynn,

He's trying to remove the D-Star gateways from his map, similar to me trying to remove them from my IGate.

Adam
KC2ANT

From: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io> on behalf of Michael McKenzie <spikels6@...>
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2021 1:59 PM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [APRSISCE] Filter Language (code)

Not sure I see what you are referring to. I would like to eliminate these symbols from my display. From that I may be able to decern how to do others such at the WX stations.

Michael McKenzie

Correct!

Lynn Deffenbaugh

But that "map" is from aprs.fi, not APRSISCE/32.  No wonder he doesn't understand what I'm talking about to get the actual 2 character symbol.  THIS is what you'd see in APRSISCE/32 which says the symbol is D&.

On 8/27/2021 2:03 PM, Adam Mahnke wrote:
Lynn,

He's trying to remove the D-Star gateways from his map, similar to me trying to remove them from my IGate.

Adam
KC2ANT

From: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io> on behalf of Michael McKenzie <spikels6@...>
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2021 1:59 PM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [APRSISCE] Filter Language (code)

Michael McKenzie

Now I see what you mean. The line on one of the "D" stations is "K*TAF-N (D-Star Gateway) (03)
Another is AD4UU-10 (PLX Digi/Tracker (06))

Are these examples what you mean? I was looking for a blanket removal, but it sounds like it most be done on individual stations.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

No, you're still looking at aprs.fi.  I only support APRSISCE/32, not other APRS clients nor viewers.  I have no idea what the (03) and (06) are in their display.  And I certainly don't know how to filter what aprs.fi displays, but I don't believe it uses APRS-IS standard packet filters.

On 8/27/2021 7:38 PM, Michael McKenzie wrote:
Now I see what you mean. The line on one of the "D" stations is "K*TAF-N (D-Star Gateway) (03)
Another is AD4UU-10 (PLX Digi/Tracker (06))

Are these examples what you mean? I was looking for a blanket removal, but it sounds like it most be done on individual stations.

Michael McKenzie

I apologize for barking up the wrong tree. I need to learn more about the APRSIS32 Filters. Perhaps I can remove quite a bit of unusable to me info by selecting specific items in the Menu/View listings.
Please close this thread.