Feature Set Request - self awareness

Fred Hillhouse

Hi Lynn,

I did look through the ToDo List and hopefully am not repeating something I missed.

My location (determined by GPS) - something other than the ICON in CONFIG. A simple dot would suffice.

Display my returned beacon with the ICON. The T2 sends my returned beacon to the GPS but I am thinking to remove my current GPS and replace it with a mouse type and leave all the display functions up to APRSIS32.

A question, is the self tracking with the little square where a beacon was generated? If not, that could be useful.

Thanks!

Fred n7fmh

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Broncus wrote:
My location (determined by GPS) - something other than the ICON in CONFIG. A simple dot would suffice.
This could go hand-in-hand with one I just put on the list which was to make the "Me" icon completely disappear. Maybe I'll add a configuration for a "local display" symbol which can be blank to be gone and otherwise configured as you desire, including your suggested simple dot. I could also add a "Me" (and/or tracking) scale factor which will increase (+) or shrink (-) the size of the "Me" or tracked station making it disappear or become more visible. Good idea!

Display my returned beacon with the ICON. The T2 sends my returned beacon to the GPS but I am thinking to remove my current GPS and replace it with a mouse type and leave all the display functions up to APRSIS32.
I'm not clear on what this one means. Can you elaborate a bit more? Is "returned beacon" hearing your own beacon digipeated? That will put a * beside your name in the scrolling station list. Boxes around the icon in the scolling station list (subtle) mean that the station was heard direct via an RF channel. Not sure what the GPS has to do with this request, either. And who would be getting the mouse-type GPS, the T2 or APRSIS32?

A question, is the self tracking with the little square where a beacon was generated? If not, that could be useful.
Yes, the little squares are drawn at the actual points where beacons were generated (or received if you're tracking someone else). I only draw a few of the most recent points for display performance considerations.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

Thanks!

Fred n7fmh

Fred Hillhouse

Broncus wrote:
My location (determined by GPS) - something other than the ICON in
CONFIG.
A simple dot would suffice.
This could go hand-in-hand with one I just put on the list which was to
make the
"Me" icon completely disappear. Maybe I'll add a configuration for a
"local display"
symbol which can be blank to be gone and otherwise configured as you
desire,
including your suggested simple dot. I could also add a "Me" (and/or
tracking)
scale factor which will increase (+) or shrink (-) the size of the "Me"
or tracked
station making it disappear or become more visible. Good idea!
I figure that if I am centered on the GPS position, then it must be ME at
the center too.

I think one of the APRS symbols is a dot. I would have to check. That would
suffice.

Of course a line depicting direction of travel (GPS base information) would
be useful to. Actually, when hunting a Geocache I found that useful. There
are a couple of PDA based applications (CetusGPS and GeoNiche) that provided
just a point and a short line (half the range circle).

Display my returned beacon with the ICON. The T2 sends my returned beacon
to the GPS but I am thinking to remove my current GPS and replace it with a
mouse type and leave all the display functions up to APRSIS32.

I'm not clear on what this one means. Can you elaborate a bit more?
My system is a T2, GPS, radio, and of late, added APRSIS/32. But prior to
adding /32, I could see my own "digi echoed" symbol on the GPS display and
on the T2 LCD. That means I can see where my beacon did a complete 'out and
back'.

T2, GPS, radio (N7FMH-9)
APRSIS/32 = N7FMH-12

Is "returned beacon" hearing your own beacon digipeated?
Yes

That will put a * beside your name in the scrolling station list. Boxes
around
the icon in the scrolling station list (subtle) mean that the station was
heard
direct via an RF channel.
I saw that, but where was it received? I have to look at the GPS to see
N7FMH-12. I do see N7FMH-9 on the GPS even though the T2 sent it out.
Basically I think that all received position beacons should be on the map
(with a exception for any filtered out).

Not sure what the GPS has to do with this request, either. And who would
be
getting the mouse-type GPS, the T2 or APRSIS32?
Either or both, depends on how I want to re-allocate resources. Basically, I
am missing some satellite information because of how I have things wired and
if there is a laptop running then I really don't need a display on the GPS
which means the GPS can be a mouse type.

A question, is the self tracking with the little square where a beacon was
generated? If not, that could be useful.
Yes, the little squares are drawn at the actual points where beacons were
generated (or received if you're tracking someone else). I only draw a few
of the most recent points for display performance considerations.

I thought that might be what I was seeing. Cool! Although, an option to turn
them all on might be useful to tune beacon settings. That is mostly what
drove the question.

Best regards,
Fred