Feature request

Greg Depew

Hi Lynn, was wondering if it would be possible to make a new query for weather. Right now if I send ?aprso KB3KBR-WX it will send my weather object. I was hoping it could be made that ?wx or ?WX would trigger it as well.

Thanks, Greg

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Adam Mahnke

Greg,

I believe if you change your object group to ?WX it will make that supportable as long as the distance configuration is correct

Look through the documents for qru server setup.

Adam
KC2ANT

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022, 00:11 Greg Depew <goatherder_4891@...> wrote:
Hi Lynn, was wondering if it would be possible to make a new query for weather. Right now if I send ?aprso KB3KBR-WX it will send my weather object. I was hoping it could be made that ?wx or ?WX would trigger it as well.

Thanks, Greg

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Adam Mahnke

Here's the page I should have sent

Adam

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022, 05:39 Adam Mahnke via groups.io <kc2ant=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Greg,

I believe if you change your object group to ?WX it will make that supportable as long as the distance configuration is correct

Look through the documents for qru server setup.

Adam
KC2ANT

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022, 00:11 Greg Depew <goatherder_4891@...> wrote:
Hi Lynn, was wondering if it would be possible to make a new query for weather. Right now if I send ?aprso KB3KBR-WX it will send my weather object. I was hoping it could be made that ?wx or ?WX would trigger it as well.

Thanks, Greg

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Greg Depew

Adam, I'd have to check but I'm pretty the group area is grayed out.

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

I believe if you change your object group to ?WX it will make that supportable as long as the distance configuration is correct

Look through the documents for qru server setup.

Adam
KC2ANT

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022, 00:11 Greg Depew <goatherder_4891@...> wrote:
Hi Lynn, was wondering if it would be possible to make a new query for weather. Right now if I send ?aprso KB3KBR-WX it will send my weather object. I was hoping it could be made that ?wx or ?WX would trigger it as well.

Thanks, Greg

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Greg Depew

I checked, the group option is grayed out and unclickable.

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Adam, I'd have to check but I'm pretty the group area is grayed out.

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

I believe if you change your object group to ?WX it will make that supportable as long as the distance configuration is correct

Look through the documents for qru server setup.

Adam
KC2ANT

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022, 00:11 Greg Depew <goatherder_4891@...> wrote:
Hi Lynn, was wondering if it would be possible to make a new query for weather. Right now if I send ?aprso KB3KBR-WX it will send my weather object. I was hoping it could be made that ?wx or ?WX would trigger it as well.

Thanks, Greg

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Adam Mahnke

interesting.

when I go into my create or edit object screen the group one is blank to start with but I can click and type in there

I don't think that function requires you to be on the development version but I could  be wrong. what version are you using? Can you share a screenshot?

On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 9:56 PM Greg Depew <goatherder_4891@...> wrote:
[...]

I'm on dev version 12/30/2020 1536. Even tried making a new object and it is grayed out there too.

What happens when you try create new weather?

I've done lots of objects with the group before, its the weather one thats grayed out.

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Adam, I'd have to check but I'm pretty the group area is grayed out.

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

I believe if you change your object group to ?WX it will make that supportable as long as the distance configuration is correct

Look through the documents for qru server setup.

Adam
KC2ANT

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022, 00:11 Greg Depew <goatherder_4891@...> wrote:
Hi Lynn, was wondering if it would be possible to make a new query for weather. Right now if I send ?aprso KB3KBR-WX it will send my weather object. I was hoping it could be made that ?wx or ?WX would trigger it as well.

Thanks, Greg

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Adam Mahnke

hmmm, don't know I've never messed with a weather object. Going to have to punt this one back to Lynn or someone with more experience with WX Stations