Topics

Faded map

rixseacord <eseacord@...>

Hi gang
I just downloaded and installed the latest version of aprsisce and it looks pretty good.
However, on my system the map is very light.
I there some setting to correct this?
Thanks much
Rix

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Left/Right arrows dim and brighten the background maps. If you dim it
down the whole way, the client switches from the Mercator Projection to
a distance and bearing from your centered station. Looks pretty
interesting when zoomed out a fair amount on a full feed.

rixseacord wrote:

Hi gang
I just downloaded and installed the latest version of aprsisce and it looks pretty good.
However, on my system the map is very light.
I there some setting to correct this?
Thanks much
Rix

David Shrum

To adjust the brightness of the map, either program for the phone or the
desk top; use the left/right keys for brightness and the up/down to control
the zoom in/out of the map.

Dave N8PU

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of aprsisce and it looks
pretty good.
However, on my system the map is very light.
I there some setting to correct this?
Thanks much
Rix

14:39:00

14:39:00

Fred Hillhouse

Is this a screen brightness or contrast setting?

I adjusted this in the car hoping it would help with night vision a bit. I am not sure of my impression yet. I was able to change the angle of the LCD to adjust what I would call contrast.

A "night vision" screen would be nice but unlike other software where the background is not fixed this might be difficult.

Anyway, finding new things to like about the software. One thing that I don't care for is a having to restart when a setting is changed. I added TEXT and was not seeing anything, then realized I had to ENABLE it but couldn't until I closed and reopened the program.

Keep up the good work Lynn!

Best regards,
Fred

rixseacord wrote:
Hi gang
I just downloaded and installed the latest version of aprsisce and it looks pretty good.
However, on my system the map is very light.
I there some setting to correct this?
Thanks much
Rix

Rix Seacord esea <eseacord@...>

Lynn
Do you mean the kybd left/right arrows? Tried them all to no avail.
No I really feel dumber:)
Thanks
Rix

rixseacord wrote:
> Hi gang
> I just downloaded and installed the latest version of aprsisce and it looks pretty good.
> However, on my system the map is very light.
> I there some setting to correct this?
> Thanks much
> Rix

Rix  Seacord (WA2TGF Extra)