error

Jeff KB5NMB

I Googled this error as well as digging thru docs and cannot figure out what is up with my system. I’am a new user to APRSIS coming feom years of UI-View. Any help and guidance would be appreciated to get this cleared up.

Jeff
kb5nmb

Lynn Deffenbaugh

It means that someone (or ones) has gotten carried away with #hashtags in their comment strings.  If you do a View / Hashes, you'll see the 32 that APRSIS32 has captured.

Also, I'm not sure you're running the latest (development?) version because I thought I increased the limit to 64 hashes, but I could be misteaken (sic).

On 4/6/2022 1:54 PM, Jeff KB5NMB wrote:
I Googled this error as well as digging thru docs and cannot figure out what is up with my system. I’am a new user to APRSIS coming feom years of UI-View. Any help and guidance would be appreciated to get this cleared up.

Jeff
kb5nmb

Jeff KB5NMB

Thanks Lynn for the answer and quick response to my question. I will do the view/hash and see what it shows. Will also check my version against the latest.

Jeff
kb5nmb

On Apr 6, 2022, at 2:17 PM, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

It means that someone (or ones) has gotten carried away with #hashtags in their comment strings. If you do a View / Hashes, you'll see the 32 that APRSIS32 has captured.

Also, I'm not sure you're running the latest (development?) version because I thought I increased the limit to 64 hashes, but I could be misteaken (sic).

On 4/6/2022 1:54 PM, Jeff KB5NMB wrote:
I Googled this error as well as digging thru docs and cannot figure out what is up with my system. I’am a new user to APRSIS coming feom years of UI-View. Any help and guidance would be appreciated to get this cleared up.

Jeff
kb5nmb

Jeff KB5NMB

Lynn my version is from 2020. I don’t know but figure there is a newer version out. Is the update procedure a complete new install?

Jeff
kb5nmb

On Apr 6, 2022, at 2:17 PM, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

It means that someone (or ones) has gotten carried away with #hashtags in their comment strings. If you do a View / Hashes, you'll see the 32 that APRSIS32 has captured.

Also, I'm not sure you're running the latest (development?) version because I thought I increased the limit to 64 hashes, but I could be misteaken (sic).

On 4/6/2022 1:54 PM, Jeff KB5NMB wrote:
I Googled this error as well as digging thru docs and cannot figure out what is up with my system. I’am a new user to APRSIS coming feom years of UI-View. Any help and guidance would be appreciated to get this cleared up.

Jeff
kb5nmb

Lynn Deffenbaugh

2020 is the latest general release.  You can see that if you bring up About.

But there is a newer Development version available.  You can read how to switch to that build here:

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:development-version

On 4/6/2022 6:06 PM, Jeff KB5NMB wrote:
[...]

Thanks Lynn. Yes About is where I got my 2020 version id from. I will read up on the update to the development version. Thanks again.

Jeff
kb5nmb