Emergency IGate Release!

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Attention APRSISCE/32 IGate Operators!

You NEED to upgrade to 2010/03/27 Release via About's download!

While testing other new features, I discovered that the IGate code was retransmitting every message received over RF back out over RF as a 3rd party packet. The new release only does this for messages received from -IS for which the destination station was recently heard over RF. Thank goodness for message logs!

Here's what else is in this release. Some of it is still in progress, but I wanted to get the IGate fix out.

Note: This release is only available via the About auto-download.

MAJOR BUGFIX: If you're running as an IGate, the program was gating messages received over RF back out via the SAME RF! This is fixed to only transmit messages heard from -IS, not RF.

Corrected timestamp in Telemetry popup to be local time instead of GMT

Clear residual course/speed display in station popup if most recent packet didn't contain one. Calculated speed will still display between position updates.

Record and recall last known altitude (<Altitude>) in XML configuration file. This will allow a momentary GPS position to be remembered and used when GPS is disabled. You can also manually edit this to set a fixed position altitude. If you drag the map and hit Transmit, the altitude probably goes back to zero.

Internally define telemetry even if disabled. Disabling telemetry only disables transmission, not internal tracking and definition. (You'll soon have a local battery graph!)

Add Configure / Beacon submenu to turn on and off components of the beacon. "Why" adds the Transmit Pressure that triggered the beacon.

Simplified internal handling of many of the Enables. Let me know if I broke anything with the check-marks.

Reorganize packet information extractor in preparation for better message handling - Again, let me know if anything broke!

The following Message Group functionality relies on filters from APRS-IS that aren't behaving as I expected them. It may be that true message groups will only work on the RF side in the end, but I've got more clarification requests in to Pete Lovell (author of javAPRSSrvr, the -IS core).

"Group" messages per spec (ALL QST CQ APRSIS-CE - aprs101.pdf Page 72) (Julian G4ILO)

(I'm planning to have the client always capture and display messages addressed to "APRSIS-CE". and/or "APRSIS-32" (both will do both) just like all Kenwoods display messages addressed to "KW" - see page 73 (83 in reader) of aprs101.pdf. I'll also be adding ALL, QST, and CQ per the spec).

Sending messages to any defined "Group" automatically disables Ack and won't go into Pending Messages nor retry (If it's truly a group, noone will ack anyway!)

Allow the configuration of other "promiscuous" callsigns for which messages would also be received to support upgraded callsigns (Colin M6XSD 2E0XSD)

Support user-configurable <MessageGroup>xxxx</MessageGroup>. Messages addressed to these callsigns will be received and displayed but not notified nor acked. You can use this for promiscuously receiving messages from other callsigns, hopefully your own upgraded calls! Callsigns are complete and must include -SSIDs to match.

Note that for many of these new messaging features to work, you need to add t/m (DON'T do this yet!!!) to your filter or have the appropriate calls as buddies (THIS works). I'm still working on that one... t/m will give you a stack of calls at 0,0.

Colin Catlin

Thanks Lynn that sounds 'spot on' as we say hereabouts.

73,
Colin.

On 27/03/2010 05:39, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh wrote:

[...]

Record and recall last known altitude () in XML configuration
[...]

Support user-configurable xxxxup>. Messages