Earthquakes

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Wow, turned it on, was going to do a test filter just to see if any packets showed up, but they immediately started popping in on the map.

I have it 50% dimmed and dark so you can more easily see the gray circles which are the earthquake symbol.  The orange circle is the map fetcher because I zoomed in on one of them.

On 5/1/2020 5:20 PM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:

Ok, if you have Lightning already displayed, that means you're connected to firenet.  So the only thing you need to add is s//Q which is the symbol for Earthquakes.  This gets appended to your Config / General / Additional Filter setting.  The s is a symbol filter, the nothing between the two slashes means nothing selected from the primary symbol table and the final Q is the earthquake symbol from the alternate table.

Living on the sand in Florida, it's been a long time since I was curious about the earthquakes!  Maybe I'll add it to my test APRSISMO instance which is drawing from firenet and is otherwise (relatively) uncluttered.

On 5/1/2020 4:13 PM, Al Massaro wrote:
Lightning I have displaying (when we get it), earthquakes I am very interested. How? Where to find the setup info?
AL M
KF5SMH

Adam Mahnke

Glad I moved back to NY, I used to live in that area

[...]

Fred Hillhouse

It looks like Brandmeister are SharkRF are using /Q except for a couple of examples. So \Q is safe. J

You will have a few false positives. I did find a SharkRF looking like an earthquake. I think it was the only false positive of the SharkRF variety. There is a straggler using it for a home symbol.

If you use b/QUAKE* you might miss this one. However, at this time, I assume QUAKE-6 is also serving it.

Lightning I have displaying (when we get it), earthquakes I am very interested. How? Where to find the setup info?
AL M
KF5SMH

Avast logo