DSBL lower right corner

T W

Can anyone tell me what the DSBL means in the lower right corner?

TIA kf6kyd

Mike

Could it be date/time DIsabled?
Mike VA7QC

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 1:14 PM T W via groups.io <kf6kyd=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the DSBL means in the lower right corner?

TIA kf6kyd

Patrick Connor

I think it's GPS status.

Patrick (N3TSZ)

On Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 05:16:55 PM EDT, Mike <athome@...> wrote:

Could it be date/time DIsabled?
Mike VA7QC

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 1:14 PM T W via groups.io <kf6kyd=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the DSBL means in the lower right corner?

TIA kf6kyd

Mark, KE6BB

If my memory is correct, it means GPS is DiSaBLed (DSBL).  This is not discussed at all in the aprsisce wiki.  It should probably be mentioned here:

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/gps

under the paragraph “GPS Fix Type”.

Mark,

KE6BB

Can anyone tell me what the DSBL means in the lower right corner?

TIA kf6kyd

T W

This is right above the date/time.

On 21 Apr 2021, at 16:34, Mark, KE6BB via groups.io <rv6amark@...> wrote:

If my memory is correct, it means GPS is DiSaBLed (DSBL).  This is not discussed at all in the aprsisce wiki.  It should probably be mentioned here:

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/gps

under the paragraph “GPS Fix Type”.

Mark,

KE6BB

Can anyone tell me what the DSBL means in the lower right corner?

TIA kf6kyd

Mark, KE6BB

Yes, it is GPS Disabled.  It means you either don’t have a GPS hooked up to your computer, or you don’t have a valid NMEA port enabled.  Once you have those conditions satisfied, it will display the quality of your GPS fix.  This is discussed at http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/gps but the DSBL status isn’t mentioned.

Once you have a GPS connected properly, you can click that box to enable/disable your GPS.

Mark,

KE6BB

Can anyone tell me what the DSBL means in the lower right corner?

TIA kf6kyd

T W

Thanks all for the answers.

On 21 Apr 2021, at 16:59, Mark, KE6BB via groups.io <rv6amark@...> wrote:

Yes, it is GPS Disabled.  It means you either don’t have a GPS hooked up to your computer, or you don’t have a valid NMEA port enabled.  Once you have those conditions satisfied, it will display the quality of your GPS fix.  This is discussed at http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/gps but the DSBL status isn’t mentioned.

Once you have a GPS connected properly, you can click that box to enable/disable your GPS.

Mark,
KE6BB

Can anyone tell me what the DSBL means in the lower right corner?

TIA kf6kyd

<F7435DB614464E7C818C6DD7B37C6841.png>