Diging Internet to RF

Bill Erhardt

Howdy gang,

In APRSIS32 is there a way to select a callsing with suffix (K7MT-63 for example) from internet to my VHF Igate K7MT ???  I have K7MT-8, K7MT-63, and K7MT-11 HF on 10 meters and would like to send those out on my VHF Igate so others know there are HF Igates in Helena, Mt.  I read over the entire instructions and could not find anything that would allow me to select a call from Internet to RF..

Bill K7MT Helena, Mt.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

First, digipeating is RF to RF and based on the path.  IGating has to do with IS and RF.

APRSIS32, in development mode only, supports filtered gating of packets from the APRS-IS to RF as provided by the following:

http://www.aprs-is.net/IGateDetails.aspx

Gate all packets to RF based on criteria set by the sysop (such as callsign, object name, etc.).

To do this, use the following procedure (all with focus on the main window of the IGate instance):

1)  Hit Control-G to enter a test filter

2)  Enter your desired filter using standard APRS-IS server filter terms, like b/K7MT-63.  APRSIS32 also supports a + filter term modifier that enforces an AND condition on that term.  For instance, "b/K7MT-63 +t/p" will match ONLY position packets from K7MT-63.

3)  Monitor the TestFilter window for a few hours or days to ensure that the filter is ONLY picking up the packets you want to transmit via RF.

4) With the filter still in place, hit Control-I (for IGate) and confirm your intention to gate the matching packets to RF.

This is NOT persistent, but is designed for intermittent use by IGate operators.  Maybe one day it will be persisted, but not at this time.  Use of the filtered gate option doesn't affect the required message gating for the IGate, to wit:

Gate message packets and associated posits to RF if all of the following are true:

  1. the receiving station has been heard within range within a predefined time period (range defined as digi hops, distance, or both).
  2. the sending station has not been heard via RF within a predefined time period (packets gated from the Internet by other stations are excluded from this test).
  3. the sending station does not have TCPXX, NOGATE, or RFONLY in the header.
  4. the receiving station has not been heard via the Internet within a predefined time period.
    A station is said to be heard via the Internet if packets from the station contain TCPIP* or TCPXX* in the header or if gated (3rd-party) packets are seen on RF gated by the station and containing TCPIP or TCPXX in the 3rd-party header (in other words, the station is seen on RF as being an IGate).