deleting stations

kc9gqr <kc9gqr@...>

How long to stations stay on the screen before they disappear? example today for some reason i got my digi back and it said it was kc8gqr instead of kc9gqr. no biggie the tnc messed up, But how do you delete the station. I couldn't figure it out so i left it on all day in the car and the station was still there from 8 hours previous. I guess my question is when is a station deleted from the list when no beacon's have been heard for a long period of time? I am sure i missed something somewhere. bradley kc9gqr running aprs mobile with a HPpda built in gps connected to tmd700 via bluetooth serial adapter!!

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Stations will stay on the screen for various times, but they're all set in the XML configuration file. You're looking at the following parameters:

<Stations.MinAge>10</Stations.MinAge>
<Stations.MaxAge>1440</Stations.MaxAge>
<Stations.MaxCount>10240</Stations.MaxCount>

All stations will be kept for at least MinAge minutes, even if this means that MaxCount is exceeded. MaxCount sets the scale for the station count bar (the left-most skinny bar on the right edge of the screen). If you double-click on the double-skinny bars, you can see how many stations your client is currently tracking as well as what MaxCount is set to. If you have RF interfaces running, you'll also see the RF station counts in that same popup.

Anyway, back to the ages, once a station reaches MaxAge minutes since the last packet of any type heard, it will be removed from the screen. Between MinAge and MaxAge the symbol icon is faded out. Also, if you're filters have brought in more stations than MaxCount, they will be removed as soon as they are older than MinAge in an attempt to reduce the total stations to be MaxCount.

If you want to change these numbers, see http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/editing-xml-configuration for guidelines and the procedure.

Eventually, I plan an advanced configuration that walks through each parameter with a description and suitable control for setting the value. That way I can just add new parameters without working out spots on the main configuration dialog which is necessarily crowded to fit on a 320x240 mobile device screen at a minimum.

PS. My full feed client is configured for Min 10, Max 60, and MaxCount 40960. The popup says it is currently tracking 14,701 stations which must have therefore all been active in the past hour. This is world-wide as I've configured the APRSPort to 10152 for a full, unfiltered feed. Don't try this on your mobile Internet connection!