Change Location

Russell Blair <russell_blair86@...>

On the APRSIS/32 map of Texas it shows my location in the wrong place how can I change it ?.

Russell NC5O

 1- Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door!
2- A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
- Gerald Ford

" IN GOD WE TRUST "

Russell Blair (NC5O)
Skype-Russell.Blair
Hell Field #300
DRCC #55
30m Dig-group #693

James Ewen

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 5:51 AM, Russell Blair
<russell_blair86@yahoo.com> wrote:

On the APRSIS/32 map of Texas it shows my location in the wrong place how can I change it ?.
Change the lat/long that you have associated with your station to
match where you would like your icon placed.

It's pretty simple, if you don't like where it is, pick it up and move
it. I had a look along Blue Cypress Drive, but I don't think any real
ham radio operators live on that street... I couldn't find a tower
anywhere! 8)

It looks like your PSK station was a little lost too, as it is located
in the backyard of a house on Buttercup Dr.

How are you defining your station location?

James
VE6SRV

Russell Blair <russell_blair86@...>

James I have a HF6V next to the house. and I do live on Blue Cypress Dr.

I cant move it on the MAP, I tryed to just pick me up and the whole map moves.

Russell NC5O

1- Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door!
2- A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
- Gerald Ford

" IN GOD WE TRUST "

Russell Blair (NC5O)
Skype-Russell.Blair
Hell Field #300
DRCC #55
30m Dig-group #693

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 5:51 AM, Russell Blair
<russell_blair86@ yahoo.com> wrote:

> On the APRSIS/32 map of Texas it shows my location in the wrong place how can I change it ?.

Change the lat/long that you have associated with your station to
match where you would like your icon placed.

It's pretty simple, if you don't like where it is, pick it up and move
it. I had a look along Blue Cypress Drive, but I don't think any real
ham radio operators live on that street... I couldn't find a tower
anywhere! 8)

It looks like your PSK station was a little lost too, as it is located
in the backyard of a house on Buttercup Dr.

How are you defining your station location?

James
VE6SRV

James Ewen

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Russell Blair
<russell_blair86@yahoo.com> wrote:

James I have a HF6V next to the house. and I do live on Blue Cypress Dr.
The Google Streetview images aren't that good in your area, I couldn't
see any house numbers, and the Google house numbering is usually off.
An HF6V is pretty small, and there are a lot of trees...

I cant move it on the MAP, I tryed to just pick me up and the whole map moves.
Try dragging the view so that your real house location is centered.
You should be able to zoom in tight enough to be able to figure out
where the center of the circle is, relative to your house. Once you
get aimed at your house, hit the TRANSMIT menu item. It should pop up
a window that says: Move ME to center? Click on yes, and you should
move to the new location.

James
VE6SRV

Russell Blair <russell_blair86@...>

Thanks James that did it. I live at Blus Cypress and Tarpley, you should see my RV in the side yard, southwest corner.

Russell NC5O

1- Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door!
2- A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
- Gerald Ford

" IN GOD WE TRUST "

Russell Blair (NC5O)
Skype-Russell.Blair
Hell Field #300
DRCC #55
30m Dig-group #693

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Russell Blair
<russell_blair86@ yahoo.com> wrote:

> James I have a HF6V next to the house. and I do live on Blue Cypress Dr.

The Google Streetview images aren't that good in your area, I couldn't
see any house numbers, and the Google house numbering is usually off.
An HF6V is pretty small, and there are a lot of trees...

> I cant move it on the MAP, I tryed to just pick me up and the whole map moves.

Try dragging the view so that your real house location is centered.
You should be able to zoom in tight enough to be able to figure out
where the center of the circle is, relative to your house. Once you
get aimed at your house, hit the TRANSMIT menu item. It should pop up
a window that says: Move ME to center? Click on yes, and you should
move to the new location.

James
VE6SRV

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Russell Blair wrote:
On the APRSIS/32 map of Texas it shows my location in the wrong place how can I change it ?.
Drag the map, zoom in as necessary, get your desired location where you want it and click Transmit. This is all assuming you do not have an NMEA GPS connected or enabled. The program should ask if you want to "Move ME to Center"?. Click Yes and your current location will be moved.

If you do not get the question or if Transmit is disabled when the GPS is disabled, you need to get the latest version either via About or from the APRSISCE Yahoo Group Files section.

Russell NC5O

1- Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door!
2- A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. - Gerald Ford

" IN GOD WE TRUST "

Russell Blair (NC5O)
Skype-Russell.Blair
Hell Field #300
DRCC #55
30m Dig-group #693

James Ewen

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Russell Blair
<russell_blair86@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thanks James that did it. I live at Blus Cypress and Tarpley,
you should see my RV in the side yard, southwest corner.
I don't see any updated position reports on the APRS-IS, so you must
be playing offline. I do however see you HF6V on the side of the house
now... pretty blurry image from Google Streetview.

The images are much clearer in my area...

http://tinyurl.com/ve6srv

James
VE6SRV