Can't un-follow ME

KD7YZ Bob

I am unable to STOP the incessant extra screen shows up everytime I see the local large digi-peater KG4 DVE -1

This all started today when I was ONLY seeing the beacon sent out by my DMR 2m radio ...which is coordinated at Brandmeister.
KD7YZ-2

So my KWD D710G also sends out a beacon, KD7YZ-1

But that never appears on the map anymore.

Somehow I have made APRSIS32 do "Follow"

how can I stop this please?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

See if you have a nickname declared for KD7YZ-1 that is causing it to do an automatic Multi-Track.

Or just close the unwanted "follow" Multi-Track window and immediately restart APRSIS32.  This will clear out any "Always" remembered Multi-Track that you may have inadvertently done on some previous restart of APRSIS32.  Make sure APRSIS32 is NOT maximized when you do this restart.

On 11/10/2021 11:42 AM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
I am unable to STOP the incessant extra screen shows up everytime I see the local large digi-peater KG4 DVE -1

This all started today when I was ONLY seeing the beacon sent out by my DMR 2m radio ...which is coordinated at Brandmeister.
KD7YZ-2

So my KWD D710G also sends out a beacon, KD7YZ-1

But that never appears on the map anymore.

Somehow I have made APRSIS32 do "Follow"

how can I stop this please?

KD7YZ Bob

Hello Lynn, thanks response.

No nicknames I can find.
No "Follow:

Close and immediately restart did not stop it.

Immediately I start APRSISCE there is a beep and the D710G xmits and the Follow window appears.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Please e-mail your APRSIS32.xml file to me at KJ4ERJ @ arrl.net. I'll look inside and see what I can find.

On 11/10/2021 12:55 PM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
Hello Lynn, thanks response.

No nicknames I can find.
No "Follow:

Close and immediately restart did not stop it.

Immediately I start APRSISCE there is a beep and the D710G xmits and the Follow window appears.

KD7YZ Bob

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 01:28 PM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:

APRSIS32.xml
with hidden files also visible, a search of MY PC doesn't find it

I am reluctant to hit "reply to group" button as that xml surely must exist

KD7YZ Bob

and yet I found it.

QRX

Lynn Deffenbaugh

(Posting response to the group so that all may benefit)

Look under Screen / Labels / NickNames and you should see one called KD7YZ-1.  That nickname has MultiTrack Active selected which means that every time you receive a packet from KD7YZ-1, APRSIS32 will open a MultiTrack following that station unless there is already one open.

Edit that nickname and either delete it or uncheck the Active checkbox and your problem should go away.

On 11/10/2021 1:28 PM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:
Please e-mail your APRSIS32.xml file to me at KJ4ERJ @ arrl.net. I'll look inside and see what I can find.

On 11/10/2021 12:55 PM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
Hello Lynn, thanks response.

No nicknames I can find.
No "Follow:

Close and immediately restart did  not stop it.

Immediately I start APRSISCE there is a beep and the D710G xmits and the Follow window appears.

KD7YZ Bob

well, it's difficult to say if that cured it.
And I am sure glad you looked at that xml.
I would have never noticed that "Screen" entry.

Everytime I digipeat KG4DVE-1, that tracking new-window appears.
If I APRSISCE-"Transmit" ,then the same thing happens.

And, it says Follow(KD7YZ-1) at the upper-left as before

Lynn Deffenbaugh

It isn't any "Screen" entry, it's the Nickname.  You need to delete the nickname to eliminate the Follow behavior.

If you're trying to edit the XML file instead of using Screen / Labels / Nicknames to locate and delete it, then try searching the XML for KD7YZ-1.  You'll find it in several places, one of which is as a Station attribute on the <Nickname Station="KD7YZ-1"> structure, the entirety of which needs to be removed.  And remember to only edit the XML file with APRSI32 closed or you will lose your manual changes.

But since NickNames support Deleting from the User Interface, why not do that?

On 11/11/2021 8:12 AM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
well, it's difficult to say if that cured it.
And I am sure glad you looked at that xml.
I would have never noticed that "Screen" entry.

Everytime I digipeat KG4DVE-1, that tracking new-window appears.
If I APRSISCE-"Transmit" ,then the same thing happens.

And, it says Follow(KD7YZ-1) at the upper-left as before

KD7YZ Bob

well, golly, I thought I DID delete it.
eve3ry single time I digipeat, I bring up that dang follow(kd7yz-1) window.

So, should I look in the kd7yz-1.xml then?

KD7YZ Bob

though I may have inadvertantly found the answer.
I am NOT sseing any7 more of the popup Follow screens come up.
I can now "Transmit", whatever trhat does.
I can have the radio actrually xmit the APRS Beacon. It is then digipeated by a station 20 miles away, KG4DVE-1.

And it "used to" cause me to get the Follow screen popup.
Now it does not.

What I'd seen was in that nickname popup that appears when I touched D710.

I saw Always, Active and Color had check-marks in them.
So I un-checked all and proceeded.

At that point I no longer saw "Follow" come up.

Since, at first, in screen/labels/nicknames "Delete All" was grayed out, I guessed that there were none active.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

You could have just deleted the KD7YZ-1/D710 NickName instead of unchecking the boxes.  There's a Delete button in the lower right corner of that box.

On 11/11/2021 9:16 AM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
though I may have inadvertantly found the answer.
I am NOT sseing any7 more of the popup Follow screens come up.
I can now "Transmit", whatever trhat does.
I can have the radio actrually xmit the APRS Beacon. It is then digipeated by a station 20 miles away, KG4DVE-1.

And it "used to" cause me to get the Follow screen popup.
Now it does not.

What I'd seen was in that nickname popup that appears when I touched D710.

I saw Always, Active and Color had check-marks in them.
So I un-checked all and proceeded.

At that point I no longer saw "Follow" come up.

Since, at first, in screen/labels/nicknames "Delete All" was grayed out, I guessed that there were none active.

KD7YZ Bob

That "Delete" has always been grayed out.
And I just tested that by bringing that jpeg-source up on the active APRSIS32.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

You have to disable the NickName before you're allowed to delete it.

On 11/11/2021 10:18 AM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
That "Delete" has always been grayed out.
And I just tested that by bringing that jpeg-source up on the active APRSIS32.

KD7YZ Bob

I even deleted the KD7YZ-1 port.

Still the nickname is both unable to delete as well as pointing to nothing.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Ok, well, the popup and nickname have nothing to do with the port, but having looked at the source code...

You are not allowed to delete a nickname that matches your configured station callsign (MyCall).

So you could temporarily change the -SSID on Configure / General / MyCall and then you should be able to delete the NickName and then change MyCall back.

On 11/11/2021 2:31 PM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
I even deleted the KD7YZ-1 port.

Still the nickname is both unable to delete as well as pointing to nothing.

ivan pico revilla

Tnx

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 11 nov 2021, a las 20:31, KD7YZ Bob <kd7yz@denstarfarm.us> escribió:

I even deleted the KD7YZ-1 port.

Still the nickname is both unable to delete as well as pointing to nothing.

<no-kd7yz-1.jpg>
<nickname.JPG>

KD7YZ Bob

OK, that worked.