Breadcrumb tool - any better ones?

n1kcg <ktjensen@...>

Here is a breadcrumb tool to see the point beaconed while you drive. all printed on a map.

http://www.reng.ca/map/aprs.php

But is there something that is better for a tool?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

This one's pretty neat showing our drive to Miami from home...

http://ldeffenb.dnsalias.net.nyud.net/Tracking/CostaRica/KJ4ERJ-12-2009-03-23T07.52.29-2009-03-23T12.22.00-10.png

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

n1kcg wrote:

Here is a breadcrumb tool to see the point beaconed while you drive. all printed on a map.

http://www.reng.ca/map/aprs.php

But is there something that is better for a tool?

I'm not sure what sort of tool you are wanting? I use aprs.fi when I
want to look at my track. Or are you looking for something to genera a
static image of a range of time? Something like the stuff you'll find at

http://ldeffenb.dnsalias.net.nyud.net/Tracking/CostaRica/*.png (yes,
that's a * dot png)

http://ldeffenb.dnsalias.net.nyud.net/Tracking/CostaRica/KJ4ERJ-12-2009-03-25T13.51.39-2009-03-25T22.59.25-15.png

(zoom in and scroll around to see the details)

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile

n1kcg wrote:

Here is a breadcrumb tool to see the point beaconed while you drive. all printed on a map.

http://www.reng.ca/map/aprs.php

But is there something that is better for a tool?

n1kcg <ktjensen@...>

looks like aprs.fi can do the job well. just needed to get the correct settings

n1kcg wrote:
Here is a breadcrumb tool to see the point beaconed while you drive. all printed on a map.

http://www.reng.ca/map/aprs.php

But is there something that is better for a tool?

n1kcg <ktjensen@...>

the aprs.fi tool seems to do a pretty good job. just had to tweak it some.