Blank map

Don Woodward

Today I checked my iGate and the map was blank except for the stations and state lines.  I must have pressed some key sequence by mistake.  Any idea what I did?

TIA & 73

Don W
KD4APP 

Get Outlook for iOS

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Try right arrow a bunch of times to increase the opacity of the map.  But if that were the case, I don't think you'd be seeing "state lines".  If you could post a screen shot of what you do see, it might help determine what is going on.

Remember left arrow increases transparency and right arrow increases opacity.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 4/3/2022 5:29 PM, Don Woodward wrote:

Today I checked my iGate and the map was blank except for the stations and state lines.  I must have pressed some key sequence by mistake.  Any idea what I did?

TIA & 73

Don W
KD4APP 

Get Outlook for iOS

Don Woodward

See attached - top left is Tennessee and right is NC.  I am in Georgia.

Image.jpeg

From: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io> on behalf of Lynn Deffenbaugh via groups.io <kj4erj@...>
Sent: Sunday, April 3, 2022 18:20
To: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [APRSISCE] Blank map

Try right arrow a bunch of times to increase the opacity of the map.  But if that were the case, I don't think you'd be seeing "state lines".  If you could post a screen shot of what you do see, it might help determine what is going on.

TIA & 73

Don W
KD4APP 

Get Outlook for iOS

Don Woodward

Also just noticed my APRS-IS port says delayed - I had the wrong time on the system but fixed that.  Maybe time for a reboot.

From: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io> on behalf of Don Woodward via groups.io <dbwoodw@...>
Sent: Sunday, April 3, 2022 7:53:32 PM

Image.jpeg

From: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io> on behalf of Lynn Deffenbaugh via groups.io <kj4erj@...>

TIA & 73

Don W
KD4APP 

Get Outlook for iOS

Lynn Deffenbaugh

What tileset are you using and what are the settings?  The OpenStreetMap tile servers have tightened up their access controls and may no longer work.  If you're not already using it, try setting the TileSet to Original or whatever I called it way back then.

On 4/3/2022 7:53 PM, Don Woodward wrote:

Image.jpeg

TIA & 73

Don W
KD4APP 

Get Outlook for iOS

Don Woodward

Problem Resolved 

I had lost network connectivity to the system.

Thanks for the reply Lynn.

Don W
KD4APP 

From: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io> on behalf of Don Woodward via groups.io <dbwoodw@...>
Sent: Sunday, April 3, 2022 8:15:32 PM

Also just noticed my APRS-IS port says delayed - I had the wrong time on the system but fixed that.  Maybe time for a reboot.

Image.jpeg

TIA & 73

Don W
KD4APP 

Get Outlook for iOS

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Good to know you got it working.  The display you were seeing was a result of APRSIS32 not being able to fetch tiles.  A network connectivity issue could certainly cause that!

On 4/3/2022 8:25 PM, Don Woodward wrote:
Problem Resolved 

I had lost network connectivity to the system.

Thanks for the reply Lynn.

Don W
KD4APP 

Sent: Sunday, April 3, 2022 8:15:32 PM

Image.jpeg

TIA & 73

Don W
KD4APP 

Get Outlook for iOS