Blank map

Don Woodward

Today I checked my iGate and the map was blank except for the stations and state lines.  I must have pressed some key sequence by mistake.  Any idea what I did?

TIA & 73

Don W
KD4APP

Get Outlook for iOS

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Try right arrow a bunch of times to increase the opacity of the map.  But if that were the case, I don't think you'd be seeing "state lines".  If you could post a screen shot of what you do see, it might help determine what is going on.

Remember left arrow increases transparency and right arrow increases opacity.

On 4/3/2022 5:29 PM, Don Woodward wrote:

Today I checked my iGate and the map was blank except for the stations and state lines.  I must have pressed some key sequence by mistake.  Any idea what I did?

TIA & 73

Don W
KD4APP

Get Outlook for iOS

Don Woodward

See attached - top left is Tennessee and right is NC.  I am in Georgia.

Image.jpeg

Try right arrow a bunch of times to increase the opacity of the map.  But if that were the case, I don't think you'd be seeing "state lines".  If you could post a screen shot of what you do see, it might help determine what is going on.

Remember left arrow increases transparency and right arrow increases opacity.

On 4/3/2022 5:29 PM, Don Woodward wrote:

Today I checked my iGate and the map was blank except for the stations and state lines.  I must have pressed some key sequence by mistake.  Any idea what I did?

TIA & 73

Don W
KD4APP

Get Outlook for iOS

Don Woodward

Also just noticed my APRS-IS port says delayed - I had the wrong time on the system but fixed that.  Maybe time for a reboot.

See attached - top left is Tennessee and right is NC.  I am in Georgia.

Image.jpeg

Try right arrow a bunch of times to increase the opacity of the map.  But if that were the case, I don't think you'd be seeing "state lines".  If you could post a screen shot of what you do see, it might help determine what is going on.

Remember left arrow increases transparency and right arrow increases opacity.

On 4/3/2022 5:29 PM, Don Woodward wrote:

Today I checked my iGate and the map was blank except for the stations and state lines.  I must have pressed some key sequence by mistake.  Any idea what I did?

TIA & 73

Don W
KD4APP

Get Outlook for iOS

Lynn Deffenbaugh

What tileset are you using and what are the settings?  The OpenStreetMap tile servers have tightened up their access controls and may no longer work.  If you're not already using it, try setting the TileSet to Original or whatever I called it way back then.

On 4/3/2022 7:53 PM, Don Woodward wrote:
See attached - top left is Tennessee and right is NC.  I am in Georgia.

Image.jpeg

Try right arrow a bunch of times to increase the opacity of the map.  But if that were the case, I don't think you'd be seeing "state lines".  If you could post a screen shot of what you do see, it might help determine what is going on.

Remember left arrow increases transparency and right arrow increases opacity.

On 4/3/2022 5:29 PM, Don Woodward wrote:

Today I checked my iGate and the map was blank except for the stations and state lines.  I must have pressed some key sequence by mistake.  Any idea what I did?

TIA & 73

Don W
KD4APP

Get Outlook for iOS

Don Woodward

Problem Resolved

I had lost network connectivity to the system.

Thanks for the reply Lynn.

73

Don W
KD4APP

[...]

Good to know you got it working.  The display you were seeing was a result of APRSIS32 not being able to fetch tiles.  A network connectivity issue could certainly cause that!