Bi directional I gate will not transmit

Bradley Haney

Morning all.   I am attempting to set up a Bi directional I gate.   I would like to I gate to RF  Traffic that is seen from K9WRA-R I gate.  The only traffic this will see is Fusion radio's that have valid GPS in our area so I know it will not flood our area.   I did the control G  and test the filter of  e/K9WRA-R and i do see hits when  there is valid traffic so the filter appears good but i never see it TX on my  TNC out RF.     Any thoughts?   Thanks in advance.   k9bdh brad

Lynn Deffenbaugh

You must be running the latest development version for reverse (-IS to RF) arbitrary (filtered) gating.  After setting up and monitoring your proposed filter with Control-G, you then type Control-I with focus on the main APRSIS32 window which will them prompt for final gating approval.  If Control-I doesn't show the prompt, then you either don't have a proposed filter set or you are not running the development version.

Also, filtered IGating must be enabled on each APRSIS32 restart.  It is purposefully not persisted.

On 1/18/2022 9:55 AM, Bradley Haney via groups.io wrote:
Morning all.   I am attempting to set up a Bi directional I gate.   I would like to I gate to RF  Traffic that is seen from K9WRA-R I gate.  The only traffic this will see is Fusion radio's that have valid GPS in our area so I know it will not flood our area.   I did the control G  and test the filter of  e/K9WRA-R and i do see hits when  there is valid traffic so the filter appears good but i never see it TX on my  TNC out RF.     Any thoughts?   Thanks in advance.   k9bdh brad

Brian Webster N2KGC

Do you have a valid APRS passcode and is it entered in the software? IF no then that will be your problem. The other thing to look for is under configure, ports, APRS-IS. In this windows make sure you check enabled, xmit enable, messages and others based on your needs.

Brian N2KGC