Beacon Suspended

Bob Davet

This just started happening or I just noticed it.
When I start up Soundmodem and APRSIS Everything seems to work ok, but I just noticed that in the top of the activity box it says "Suspended" and at the bottom of the map it says beaconing suspended.

It seems to stay that way till I manually hit transmit, then both of those go away and everything seems to work as it should.

I do not remember making any changes to APRSIS,

Can anyone give me some incite on to why this is happening and how to stop it from happening?

It used to just load up and work fine.

Bob

W8RID

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Uncheck Configure / Beacon / After Transmit.   This feature is designed for a portable, but not GPS-based, installation whereby you close the client, move elsewhere, open the client, pan/zoom to your new location and then initiate beaconing with the first manual transmit.  Otherwise, the old position would be beaconed as soon as the client is re-opened and then very quickly move to your newly set location, which is likely not what you want.

On 3/15/2023 1:24 PM, Bob Davet wrote:

This just started happening or I just noticed it.
When I start up Soundmodem and APRSIS Everything seems to work ok, but I just noticed that in the top of the activity box it says "Suspended" and at the bottom of the map it says beaconing suspended.

It seems to stay that way till I manually hit transmit, then both of those go away and everything seems to work as it should.

I do not remember making any changes to APRSIS,

Can anyone give me some incite on to why this is happening and how to stop it from happening?

It used to just load up and work fine.

Bob

W8RID

Bob Davet

Lynn:

That was it. Thanks.
This will now beacon when ever it automatically transmits with the way it is set up now?

Bob

W8RID

Lynn Deffenbaugh

There are a whole lot of variables as to when or if a station will transmit a position report.  But first I need to understand your terms:

"Beacon" normally means sending a position report/packet

Not sure what you mean by "Automatically transmit"?   But APRSIS32 does put Transmit Pressure" information in the upper left information box and a colored bar at the bottom of that box as described at http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:screen-features