Backup APRS-IS server

K7OWW Matt Nasholm

Not sure if this is possible, but is there a way to put in a second/backup APRS-IS server if the primary happens to go down?

Matt K7OWW

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Use one of the rotate DNS names instead of specifying a specific server.

On 12/12/2021 11:44 PM, K7OWW Matt Nasholm wrote:
Not sure if this is possible, but is there a way to put in a second/backup APRS-IS server if the primary happens to go down?

Matt K7OWW

K7OWW Matt Nasholm

I guess I should go into more detail.
My iGate lives on a AREDN Mesh network with no internet. We have several self hosted APRS-IS servers on the mesh that then feed to the core servers.
I guess we can look into making our own rotate dns server.

Thanks Lynn

Matt K7OWW