?aprst and feature request

Steve <sbd64000@...>

Hi

Does the software respond to things like ?aprst just had a message that someone sent that to me, not sure what it does though.

Also I am pretty much out in the sticks so usually only see one station directly. Any others heard get cleared eventually. It would be handy for me to monitor if my station is used. So a stations heard on RF today and also stations I have gated to or from the RF port today. Either as a list or viewed on the map screen via the views menu. Not sure if that would be hard to do but would be really valuable to me

Regards

Steve G6UIM

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Steve,

As long as you run it with an Internet connection available, your station's stats will be at:

http://tinyurl.com/IGATE-G6UIM

You can play with the CellCount and/or MinutesPerCell after the tinyurl expands. There should be 2 days worth of data available most of the time. Eventually, this same data collection and view will be built into APRSISCE/32.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

Steve wrote:

Hi

Does the software respond to things like ?aprst just had a message that someone sent that to me, not sure what it does though.

Also I am pretty much out in the sticks so usually only see one station directly. Any others heard get cleared eventually. It would be handy for me to monitor if my station is used. So a stations heard on RF today and also stations I have gated to or from the RF port today. Either as a list or viewed on the map screen via the views menu. Not sure if that would be hard to do but would be really valuable to me

Regards

Steve G6UIM

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Oh, and if anyone else out there is running an IGate, you can put your callsign-SSID at the end of the long URL that the tinyurl expands into in place of G6UIM. If you'd like, you can set up a tinyurl that's easier to remember than the long one.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

PS. Note that all of this remote viewing of stats might disappear when I get them able to be locally generated.

Steve wrote:

Hi

Does the software respond to things like ?aprst just had a message that someone sent that to me, not sure what it does though.

Also I am pretty much out in the sticks so usually only see one station directly. Any others heard get cleared eventually. It would be handy for me to monitor if my station is used. So a stations heard on RF today and also stations I have gated to or from the RF port today. Either as a list or viewed on the map screen via the views menu. Not sure if that would be hard to do but would be really valuable to me

Regards

Steve G6UIM

Steve <sbd64000@...>

Famous at last, or infamous