APRSISCE on a Palm Treo700WX

Joy Lofton

Is anyone else running APRSISCE on a Palm Treo 700WX ?

I have been able to install and run the latest version software.

Tiles install; Worldwide Map, scrolling Call Signs and Icons are displayed. However, internal Phone GPS cannot be accessed.

Other than a new phone (hi hi), any suggestions ?

Joy Lofton
KJ4TEV

k2eng@ymail.com <radiofreq@...>

The Treo 700 series phones (P and WX) do not even have a GPS radio built into the device. The only thing they use is position locating via cell tower for E-911 access only.

It's either a new device with a built in receiver/radio or editing the xml to a static location.

73, Jason, K2ENG

--- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Joy Lofton" <joy.lofton@...> wrote:

Is anyone else running APRSISCE on a Palm Treo 700WX ?

I have been able to install and run the latest version software.

Tiles install; Worldwide Map, scrolling Call Signs and Icons are displayed.
However, internal Phone GPS cannot be accessed.

Other than a new phone (hi hi), any suggestions ?

Joy Lofton
KJ4TEV

Lynn Deffenbaugh

k2eng@ymail.com wrote:
The Treo 700 series phones (P and WX) do not even have a GPS radio built into the device. The only thing they use is position locating via cell tower for E-911 access only.
I can't speak to the presence or absence of a GPS in this device yet, but it sounds like Jason knows what's going on there.

It's either a new device with a built in receiver/radio or editing the xml to a static location.
But the good news is that with the latest version, if you have the GPS disabled and you click Transmit, the program will ask if you want to "Move Me to Center". That means you can drag and zoom the map to a new position and simply hit Transmit to get it set as your location. You no longer need to edit the XML to accomplish a static location.