Topics

APRSISCE/32 No FIX

Fred Hillhouse

Hi Lynn,

Down in the lower right corner I see a "NO FIX" label. I suspect I know what it means but I don't think I should be seeing it.

Any hints?

Best regards,
Fred, N7FMH

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Broncus wrote:
Hi Lynn,

Down in the lower right corner I see a "NO FIX" label. I suspect I know what it means but I don't think I should be seeing it.

Any hints?
It means that you have GPS enabled and aren't getting a fix. If you're on Win32 and have configured an NMEA GPS, it may mean that it isn't even connected. Are you seeing Satellites in the bottom bars (if you have them enabled) or does it also say "N/A"? I don't reliably re-connected with Bluetooth GPS, so you might have to toggle the GPS Enable off and back on.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

Best regards,
Fred, N7FMH

Fred Hillhouse

Interesting! I have NO FIX but...
I have 8 satellites.
Map is moving.
The station beacons.
NMEA data (RMC, GGA, GLL) is on COM6 (PC Card serial port).

Thanks!
Fred

> Down in the lower right corner I see a "NO FIX" label. I suspect I know what it means but I don't think I should be seeing it.
>
> Any hints?

It means that you have GPS enabled and aren't getting a fix. If you're
on Win32 and have configured an NMEA GPS, it may mean that it isn't even
connected. Are you seeing Satellites in the bottom bars (if you have
them enabled) or does it also say "N/A"? I don't reliably re-connected
with Bluetooth GPS, so you might have to toggle the GPS Enable off and
back on.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

> Best regards,
> Fred, N7FMH

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Very interesting. Can you turn on Enables / Debug Logging and let it run for a while. After that, close the client and send me a copy of the APRSIS32.LOG file. There's something apparently coming from your GPS that I'm not interpreting correctly. Remember to turn off the Enables / Debug Logging after the restart or the .LOG files will grow rather large.

Oh, and do you have TWO bars of satellites at the bottom? The bottom one is satellites in view and the one above it (usually shorter) is satellites in use. The count of satellites on each line is on the right edge of the respective bar.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

Fred Hillhouse wrote:

Interesting! I have NO FIX but...
I have 8 satellites.
Map is moving.
The station beacons.
NMEA data (RMC, GGA, GLL) is on COM6 (PC Card serial port).
Thanks!
Fred

> Down in the lower right corner I see a "NO FIX" label. I suspect
I know what it means but I don't think I should be seeing it.

> Any hints?

It means that you have GPS enabled and aren't getting a fix. If
you're
on Win32 and have configured an NMEA GPS, it may mean that it
isn't even
connected. Are you seeing Satellites in the bottom bars (if you have
them enabled) or does it also say "N/A"? I don't reliably
re-connected
with Bluetooth GPS, so you might have to toggle the GPS Enable off
and
back on.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

> Best regards,
> Fred, N7FMH

m6xsd <m6xsd@...>

Hi Lynn,

This reminds me of something that happened with my Bluetooth GPS when connected to my M3100. I 'lost fix' on the GPS and then shortly afterwards when some of the bottom row started turning green none were showingontheupper line but the figures on the right were showing correctly i.e something like 4/8 when 4 of the bottom row were green and still no Fix even though 4 green satellites normally give a fix.

This was on acouple of versions ago I think, the firstone with Bluetooth GPS support.

Does this make sense? and is this to be expected?.

73,
Colin.

Fred Hillhouse wrote:

Interesting! I have NO FIX but...
I have 8 satellites.
Map is moving.
The station beacons.
NMEA data (RMC, GGA, GLL) is on COM6 (PC Card serial port).

Thanks!
Fred

> Down in the lower right corner I see a "NO FIX" label. I suspect
I know what it means but I don't think I should be seeing it.

> Any hints?

It means that you have GPS enabled and aren't getting a fix. If
you're
on Win32 and have configured an NMEA GPS, it may mean that it
isn't even
connected. Are you seeing Satellites in the bottom bars (if you have
them enabled) or does it also say "N/A"? I don't reliably
re-connected
with Bluetooth GPS, so you might have to toggle the GPS Enable off
and
back on.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

> Best regards,
> Fred, N7FMH

Fred Hillhouse

Hi Lynn,

There are two bars at the bottom. Both bars are the same length. I am not using automatic for the view. I have a large station list down the left side.
The upper bar says 8 Sat in use, the lower says N/A.

Attached is the recent log file.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fred