APRSIS-DROID?

Robert Stiles

I have been looking at the Android OS recently and have been very impressed with it. One of the big things holding me back from the switch is your lovely piece of software. I don't suppose that you have any plans of porting APRSISCE to Android would you, Lynn?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

RJ Stiles wrote:
I have been looking at the Android OS recently and have been very impressed with it. One of the big things holding me back from the switch is your lovely piece of software. I don't suppose that you have any plans of porting APRSISCE to Android would you, Lynn?
Short answer: Nope.

Longer answer: I've spent years getting proficient with the Win32 API on both desktop windows and Windows Mobile. I own devices and development tools for all of the above as well. I don't own, nor plan to own, an Android phone nor would I look forward to learning enough about a new (and evolving) environment to pull off some of the stuff that I've managed to do in APRSISCE/32.

Besides, I need to leave SOMETHING for other developers to do, don't I? ;)

Lynn (D) - K4JERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

k2eng@ymail.com <radiofreq@...>

Hi RJ.

I have been following the Android development for a little while now. Unfortunately I do not have an Android capable phone just yet, but when I do I am done with the WM cell phone.

Here is the current program (available in the Android Market and direct link) that is being developed:

http://wiki.github.com/ge0rg/aprsdroid/

73, Jason, K2ENG