APRSIS32 wont TX SMSGTE message

highclimber03@...

Trying to use SMSGTE for messaging thru APRSIS32. I sent massage to "SMSGTE" and enter massage as "@phonenumber message". Issue is, when I send/TX, APRSIS32 wont TX. I tried messaging to a HAM callsign and APRSIS32 will TX. I am using APRSIS32 bluetoothed to a Mobilinked TNC3 to a FT-60. Am I missing a setting not allowing SMSGTE to work?

Tks
Matt
KD2PXF

Lynn Deffenbaugh

APRSISCE/32 will only transmit a message on RF if the target station was recently heard on RF.  You can always force it to RF using the checkbox towards the bottom of the chat.  See http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/message-retries in particular the next-to-last and last paragraphs.