APRSIS32 Questions

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Answers interspersed below...

On 8/30/2021 3:21 AM, George wrote:

Hello Lynn,

Thank you for the passcode over the phone on Sunday.  I appreciate that.

I have a few questions, if you could be so kind to help me out.

Picture A:

-          How do I get rid of J3H.SH.2?  I do not know what that is or where it came from.
-          How do I get rid of the grey triangle shape just to the right of the popup window?

That is an object shape.  I don't know if you received it over RF or if you locally created it.  If click on the red plus sign, it should give you a pop-up menu.  If you then select any of the entries at the top of that menu, it will bring up additional information.  I'll need to see that information to know what it is to help you get rid of it.

-          How can I change the small computer icon at my location to say a red solid circle (or something like that)?

Select Configure / General and then click on the small PC symbol just to the left of "<Click to <Change".  Spin the buttons until you get whatever symbol you want and then Accept the dialogs.  The following diagrams might help in knowing what is available.  The top one is the Primary table symbols, and the bottom one is the Secondary table symbols.  The table in the middle shows the ASCII character that corresponds to that same place in the other two tables.

From http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/APRS_symbols.htm

Grid of the text codes used to represent APRS symbols in
        the standard position format.

Picture B:

-          How do I clear the grey oval centered around Boise?

This also appears to be an area object.  Again, click on the red plus in the center and select one of the top options in that popup to get the additional information about that station.

Please see text below:

1:Fm NJ3H To APWW11 Via WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 <UI C Pid=F0 Len=53> [23:45:05T]

@064505h4418.05N/12109.60Wl       CN94kh, Redmond, OR

 -          In the second line, after 12109.60W, there is a lower case ‘L’ being displayed.  Where could this be coming from?  It is not part of the text I entered for my grid square and city, state.

As you can see in the diagrams above, the lower-case L is the code for the "laptop" in the primary table.  The / between the N and 121 in your packet above specifies the primary table.  APRS interleaves the table/overlay and symbol selection characters between and after the Lat/Lon specification in your packet.  If you want to read more details about that, search the Internet for APRS101.pdf.

Oh, and including the gridsquare with your coordinates is a bit redundant as is the city description.