Topics

APRSIS32 multiple instances on Win10

Demetre - M0SUY/SV1UY

Hi all,

Can anyone work 2 or more instances of APRSIS32 in Windows 10? I would love to
know how you do it!

I can work more than one instance of APRS32 in Windows 8.1 without any problems
either by using the same APRSIS32.EXE and put the XML of each instance in it's
own directory or by moving APRSIS32.EXE along with the XML file in another directory!

This is not possible in my Windows 10 PC though. Whenever I try to start a 2nd APRSIS32
session the way I described above, the 2nd session does not start, instead I am directed
to the 1st session and the 2nd session never runs, no matter what I do!

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

--
73 de Demetre M0SUY/SV1UY
APRS: 1st & best Social Network

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Create a new directory, copy the .EXE into that directory or create a shortcut that specifies that directory as the "Start in" directory, double-click the .EXE in that directory or the shortcut that specifies that directory.

I do it all the time under Windows 10 and have probably 10-15 different instance locations for different purposes.

On 9/27/2020 7:07 AM, Demetre - M0SUY/SV1UY wrote:
Hi all,

Can anyone work 2 or more instances of APRSIS32 in Windows 10? I would love to
know how you do it!

I can work more than one instance of APRS32 in Windows 8.1 without any problems
either by using the same APRSIS32.EXE and put the XML of each instance in it's
own directory or by moving APRSIS32.EXE along with the XML file in another directory!

This is not possible in my Windows 10 PC though. Whenever I try to start a 2nd APRSIS32
session the way I described above, the 2nd session does not start, instead I am directed
to the 1st session and the 2nd session never runs, no matter what I do!

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Demetre - M0SUY/SV1UY

Thanks for reply Lyn,

Actually I've discovered that the COM port was to blame because it had been changed. Once the COM port was correct, APRSIS32 started OK, although I was asked once where are the OSM files are going to be and I directed them in the correct subdirectory.

So really it might have not been the wrong COMport either and it was that the new installation could not find the OSM files.

In any case, thanks for the quick response which made me to check my installation more carefully!

Well we have the same brain, winter and summer, so it does malfunction at times! Pity it is not renewable! Hi hi hi!!

Thanks again and take care!